download of body and clothes issues

Shiloh Emmons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Shiloh Emmons wrote:

for 3 days I cannot download skin clothes or shape.  I uninstalled and reinstalled sl, changed the cache location, cleared the caches, and still nothing.  Help.

I am a putty gorilla like shape with hair.  How do I fix this?

Try doing a Character Test.   Ctrl-Alt Q for Develop menu.  Then  Avatar - Character Tests - Test  Female (or Male)  This is most  successful when done after clearing cache  and logging into a non-busy  sim like Pooley.  Wait 5 minutes to give  your avatar a chance to load  and if it still doesn't then do the  Character Test.  Quick note:   character test replaces all of your avatar  parts so if you have a shape  that you customized, make sure you save it  first.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Yep the above answer is the only fix that worked for this girl. Until the new Phoenix 818 came out which fixed the issue for good finally. The Character test would only work for awhile then it would happen again. Worst part was this girl could see clothes on her AV but other people couldn't. This girl was walking around naked and not knowing it!! OOOOOPPPS It got so annoying this girl just stopped trying and wore only prim clothes. Thankfully Phoenix 818 came out and fixed the trouble! Yay!

Proteus.Ceriano wrote:

How do you down phoenix...is it free....do you loose any stuff?

http://www.phoenixviewer.com

it's free and i don't know what you mean by lose any stuff - but your inventory is stored on servers in california so that will all be there. just - to anyone installing multiple viewers - keep the caches separate! otherwise weird stuff may and will happen

When your av does not rez you usually cannot edit appearance. But there are easy fixes to try before resorting to the Test Avatar. I think of it as more of a last resort.

The quick easy fixes are to:

1. Change      your active group - why it works is unclear but often does.
  2. Change      the bald you wear - open inventory and select any bald to wear. Using wear      from inventory gets around the edit appearance problem.
  3. Wear a      different shape, skin, or clothes. Use wear with clothes, not add.

Try those 3 tricks in order. Hopefully you can avoid having to completely rebuild your avatar as a change to the default avatar requires.

Getting a bit more complex, try these:

1. Clear the      viewer cache - in Preferences (Ctrl-P) on the Setup tab click Reset. Close      then restart the viewer. It is ideal to login to a deserted region. But,      it is mandatory you not leave whatever region before your inventory      finishes reloading. Open your inventory and search for anything to see the      load numbers.
  2. Press Re-Bake      then in 1 minutes do it again and a minute later do it again.
  3. If the      preceding tricks have failed, go for the default avatar.

There are more tricks and explanations of what to do to rez your av and avoid the problem: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.