Not quite sure where to put this...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got some men's watches at a freebie place. They look ok and fit ok but they have this "bling" thing I don't care for.

They are fullperm so I went digging and deleted the script which did the bling. They still do it and I cant stop it. LIke little flashy lights.

What did I miss? Is there something else to delete/change?

Thanks.

Right. "Bling" is a particle, and particle systems are prim attributes that persist once set -- the script merely serves to set them.

Well, technically, that's oversimplifying things. Particles do all sorts of stuff, and scripts may be doing all sorts of stuff to change the particles. But in this case it's just a simple persistent particle system and you're exactly right: it just needs a "scrubber" script to remove the particle system property from the object.

It's not that the scripts still work. It's that the properties of a prim can be set by a script, after which the script is no longer needed.for the properties to remain.  A 'sit target' is one such property. I've no idea about bling though.

ETA: Qie knows about bling (above). He posted that as I was typing this one.

Cradom Denimore wrote:

Thanks for that link. Couldn't find a scrubber anyway.

The "scrubber" you are looking for to remove the bling (a Particle) is there.

default {    state_entry() {        llParticleSystem([]);        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

Since this may be a linkset you are dealing with you may need to use

default {    state_entry() {        llLinkParticleSystem(LINK_SET, []);        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.