what do i hav to do to go to the maturity rank. I want to acces a adult location.

georgiana Gata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

22 answers to this question

Log into Secondlife.com, left side menu, account, age verification, complete & submit... if problems or errors, go to billing information & put paid information on file... once you've done one or both, log into your viewer & edit your preferences under general to allow you to access mature areas. If you update your age verification or PIOF while already logged in, may have to relog for it to take effect.

Dahlea Milena wrote:

Log into Secondlife.com, left side menu, account, age verification, complete & submit... if problems or errors, go to billing information & put paid information on file... once you've done one or both, log into your viewer & edit your preferences under general to allow you to access mature areas. If you update your age verification or PIOF while already logged in, may have to relog for it to take effect.

For adult verification, adding Payment Info on File will work for US residents but for those outside that territory, it's necessary to actually buy Lindens with an accepted credit card (no Paypal option) and obtain Payment Info Used. The facility for Payment Info on File for new non-US residents ended a couple of months ago so its either age verification or buy Lindens via the Linden Exchange to add adult verification.

Nyll

Does anyone suspect at all that this person is probably a teen?  That could be why she isn't able to get what she wants?

I think with the merge, we might be seeing a lot of this - I see it a lot on other forums.  Younger people asking nicely how to get around the restrictions and rules - happens a lot.

If this person is actually an adult, I sincerely apologize, but if not, well I think we're seeing the start of something that's going to be fun!

And besides, I had to get 25 snouts.  What's up with that?

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

For adult verification, adding Payment Info on File will work for US residents but for those outside that territory, it's necessary to actually buy Lindens with an accepted credit card (no Paypal option) and obtain Payment Info Used. The facility for Payment Info on File for new non-US residents ended a couple of months ago so its either age verification or buy Lindens via the Linden Exchange to add adult verification.

Nyll

I knew they were making some changes in the way payment info was going to be done with non-US folks, but didn't realize that it would also change how it flagged them as adult.  Thanks for this info.

LittleMe.Jewell wrote:

I knew they were making some changes in the way payment info was going to be done with non-US folks, but didn't realize that it would also change how it flagged them as adult.  Thanks for this info.

You're welcome. 

Yes, it kind of sneaked in and affects not just new accounts but also those outside the US who have been in SL years but did not previously set up Payment Info on File. I don't understand why the Paypal option was removed though so if anyone knows please comment.

Nyll

I`m a bit confused as to why people are claiming the OP is underage, there have been MANY age verification failures, the system is buggy, it has nothing to do with the person not being old enough.

Georgianna, if the automated Age Verification will not work for you, unfortunately Manual Verification via Support Ticket is not available to basic members.

The best you can do is to get Account verified, this will get you access to adult seach and all adult regions that do not have the added requirement of Age Verification specified.

As explained in earlier posts, if you are in US simply add your payment info to your account. If you are outside of US buy the minimum amount of Lindens allowed ($5 worth I think it is) by using a credit card and once you are Account verified you will be able to set your rating to adult in preferences inworld.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

Yes, it kind of sneaked in and affects not just new accounts but also those outside the US who have been in SL years but did not previously set up Payment Info on File. I don't understand why the Paypal option was removed though so if anyone knows please comment.

I'm not sure. But perhaps because a teenager can open a PayPal account? It's only a idea, I don't know.

Irene Muni wrote:

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

I'm not sure. But perhaps because a teenager can open a PayPal account? It's only a idea, I don't know.

Could be. Thanks Irene

Nyll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.