I can't stop a animation ofrom occurring on my avi

Kirberto Sixpence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Here is the problem a friend gave me this thing called wearable snow  generator ...its works great snow appears coming from the sky...however I can't turn it off when I right click on it it doesn't show I'm wearing it...so I can take it off....any suggestions ..tried stop animations on my avi...tried shutting down and restarting ...thanks for your help

12 answers to this question

Kirberto Sixpence wrote:

ok the thing is attached to me...i was given it by a friend at the forest...I since tp back to my home ...where its still snowing...I've taken everything off including my hair... this sucker whatever it is is persistent

Ok you lost me there.  Its snowing at your home...got that.  If you leave your home and go to another sim, does the snow go along?   And you didn't answer my question about which viewer you are using.  Could help solve the mystery if I knew.

--Cinn

Ok understand your cofusion first off. the Viewer is V 1.23...next I well tp to another site but I was hoping to make clear that the snow began when I received the thing at a place called the forest ...I later tp'd to my home where the snow followed me...I then went to a third sim and it followed me there as well

One idea is if you remember the name of the item, or if it is named "snow generator" you could just type snow in inventory search to find it and then detach it. Another option is the hightlight transparent option under world or view, I can't remember of the top of my head, and all prim items will be highlighted in red, maybe you can find it then. Good luck

In Viewer 1.23, you can go to Edit...Detach Object, and this will show every attachment point on your avatar and whether there is something attached there.

If the snow generator doesn't show up as an attachment, the only thing I can think of is it's an object that's somehow following you from sim to sim. Try teleporting to a sim where scripts are not allowed (Dance Island comes to mind), then relog. The item's script will not be able to start if you log in on a sim with scripts disabled, so you can teleport away and it can't follow you.

Do you use or have you every used any viewer other than 1.23? ...recently.

If you have ever used a series 2 viewer, you could have attachments that you can't get to with the SLV1. You appearance is stored differently in series 1 and 2 viewers. When I switch to a series 1 viewer I often find I'm wearing my current hair attached in SLV2 and the hair worn using SLV1 just previous.

If you have used an older version of Phoenix, you may have to use the new version to find the attachment. They had a collection of alternate attachment points.

Your snow attachment may be attached as a HUD. Check which HUD's you may be wearing. Try to attach any object to your HUD. The pop up will show you what is on any existing HUD attachment points.

If you cannot find the attachment or follower, switch back to the default avatar, a last resort sort of thing. In Advanced or the Developer menu depending on which viewer you try this in, go to Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test Male/Female. This will replace your avatar and return it to all its default settings and detach everything. Check and see if you got ride of the snow. If you did, rebuild your avatar's look. As you put things on do it one at a time and watch for snow.

The persistant snow can only be from an attachment on the AV or HUD or from a follower. The no-scripts region suggestion is a good one.

The only other possibility I can think of is an attachment that was dropping things. If you have rez rights in the places where you have snow, the attachment may have dropped off or rez'd a copy that dropped. Finding such things can be really difficult. The sim owner useually had to do it. But you can use Phoenix to find scripted items. They have a beacon system that will reveal scripted objects and highlight them.

...or it may just be snowing in your regions... (couldn't resist)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.