Mesh Body Vs Phat Ass & Breast Appliers??

Lex Macabre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi... even tho my account is old im a newbie when it comes to things on SL, so I wanted some advice as im confused on all of this and which to invest my Lindens in.

I love the new mesh stuff they have for your avatar and thinking of buying more of it but im unsure what the best option is.

I wanted to know if buying the phat ass, mesh breasts, feet and hands were the best way to go and had more options for mesh clothing or if your even able to wear the non mesh clothes with these? vs buying the whole mesh body from one of the top developers.

I tried on the belleza mesh body which was really nice but its a little to skinny for my liking...I tired adjusting the boobs with the body editor but I just didnt like how the breasts sat overall with this mesh and I wanted a rounder ass and wondered if it was better to just buy them seperate like the phat ass or the mesh breasts.

I bought a belleza skin i liked so that is why I was going for their mesh body as it would match with the skin I bought from them.

I like some of my old clothes I have from years ago and didnt want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe of mesh clothing limiting me to just mesh clothing from now on...however I dont have a problem in buying some mesh clothing as I do like shopping but  I still wanted the freedom to go back to my old clothes if I choose to. Is that even possible with the mesh bodys or  the phat ass or mesh breasts?

I read also that the slink feet dont correctly line up with the other mesh bodys..but I know that belleza has her own mesh feet that match her/his mesh body. I think the feet are compatable with slink footware as well? If not is there more options now for shoes with belleza feet?

I did try on the feet with the body of belleza, but when I choose slink (i think it was) on the HUD they went below the floor so my feet were half hidden...is that normal or was I wearing something that made that happen?

I also tried on the mesh breasts of belleza or "appliers" ( i think they are called forgive me if im wrong as its all still so confusing) but when I tried it on my breasts just went to 0 and became completely flat...I tried to adjust them in the edit body but they just looked like the standard squarish avatar breasts...was I do something wrong here?

Sorry for the long post and the 100 questions...I just wanna get it right the first time as belleza's mesh body is not cheap being a bit over 3,000 lindens..so its really an investment in my eyes.

Thank you for taking the time to help me

You do have to wear the foot form with the feet. The Belleza feet are compatible with most of the Slink shoes. With the Belleza, you can wear the mesh clothes and you can get the Omega bridge and wear any of the clothes you see that say Omega Appliers on them. Because the body is fitted mesh, it does respond to many of the sliders so you can make the boobs and ass bigger. There are also quite a few skins that come with the Omega appliers now.

Keep in mind that with the Belleza body you get 16 hand positions, the 3 Slink compatible as well as the JD compatible feet, the appliers for all their skins as well as some premade skin tones. You also have the option, if the skin maker is using the Belleza appliers, like WoW is, to store the skin in your main hud and not have to pull out the appliers again. You also get a second body without hands and feet so you can use the Slink hands and feet if you prefer. They have also thrown in all the appliers for the Slink hands and feet that match their skins. I believe you also have several skins in there...all for the 3995. To get the Slink body as well as the 3 feet heights and 12 hand positions, you'll spend in the neighborhood of 5K.

The update that just came out fixes many of the problems that were there with the first release...which is not unusual to have: Slink had them too.

It comes down to what look you like. The Belleza is curvier than the Slink and is Omega compatible. It's a really good deal. You will be happier with a full body rather than just the parts though...you'll get a smoother look and better transition. Some other bodies to look at include the Fusion Genesis, Lena Perky and Curvy as well as GInc.

Feel free to contact me inworld if you have any further questions.

Phat ass is not for sale anymore. :(

I have Slink Physique, Belleza venus and The Mesh Project body deluxe.

They all have flaws. I have not got the Belleza update yet... hope some of the faults is fixed. The body I like best, is The mesh Project. It is also the most difficult. It is not Slink compatible at all. But it has -no- seams at all as far as I can see.

The breasts I have, all have some seam issues. Not big, but they are there.

If you can not adjust the breasts and butt with the sliders in appearance on the demo, you should not buy it anyway. There is new updates and perhaps new bodies on the way.

The Alaskametro blog has some good tutorials on appliers for Belleza. http://blog.alaskametro-sl.com/category/tutorials/

Marianne Little wrote:

Phat ass
is not for sale anymore.
:(

I have Slink Physique, Belleza venus and The Mesh Project body deluxe.

They all have flaws. I have not got the Belleza update yet... hope some of the faults is fixed. The body I like best, is The mesh Project. It is also the most difficult. It is not Slink compatible at all. But it has -no- seams at all as far as I can see.

It fixes some faults (the neck is good now) but adds a huge new fault - slink hands don't fit anymore. The left one floats in the air a short distance away from the body, and the right one is overlapped slightly by the body.

If you try the M and L slink hand sizes - the problem is worse. If you try XXS, the problem inverts (switches hands). It fits almost right on XS... but XS cannot fit the circumference of the belleza body, which is meant for S hands.

That said the problem is only noticed if you look at the wrists... and in a spot often covered by tops or bracelets.

Belleza's much bigger issue is the Alpha HUD - the same 'zone' covers front/back/right/left for any limbs and below bosom alpha, save for the genital alpha. The cuts are too wide in the legs and buttocks. If you have low-rise jeans... you will either have to make the small of the back invisible, or have your butt cutt through your jeans when you walk...

EvE... has even worse connection to the slink feet, but can be fixed if you dial 'height' above 10 or 14 somewhere - but if you keep going might overlap. The built in EvE feet are in a 'heels only' position making the body useless for going barefoot. And the 'genitals' of EvE are... unusual. A small male protrusion, or curved beak, exists down there - but you won't notice that if wearing clothes.

TheMeshProject has a very well shaped body, but the joints deform/flatten a lot when bent enough to sit down, and the arms are located "below" the SL skeleton - so any sleeves/gloves will float partway above the arm.

Fusion works very well - but I'm not a fan of any of its shapes. The shoulders bunch in a weird way when the arms raise up - but the default SL avatar has the identical problem. Lena Lush/Perky has this same problem also.

Part 1 of my review of these:

http://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/mesh-bodies-themeshproject-vs-belleza-with-a-little-on-slink-physique/

Part 2 is pending...

Pussycat,

you might be interested to know League are now doing skins for the mesh project. I mostly just use the mesh project avatar now.

I find the slink more fiddly to use because of having to find appliers for skin, feet, hands and then checking I have the right shape, and then finding the clothes appliers. The mesh project appliers are all in the one hud and hands, feet, shoes, boutique clothing fit regardless of the shape. I just wish there was a bit more signs of progress from them, more boutique clothing coming out.

I haven't tried Belleza, I was never a fan of their skins and since I am now on my third mesh body a fourth with Belleza's is more than I can justify.

I'll give them a look. The more the merrier.

Most SL designer's ideas of 'dark' are too light for what I'm seeking. I'd want something closer to a Nigerian Fula or Hausa - where I have a small bit of ancestry.

But every bit of diversity helps.

Its getting to the point in SL where I am going to have to start harping on the need for more variety in Asian or Native American tones - as African tones are finally getting both common and varied.

But... the one designer I know of who does tones as dark as the Fula people - has yet to go for the mesh project. You have to 'hack things together' using her lola and phat azz appliers, and whatever works with omega to translate that over.

Belleza is now in the well worth the try camp - the neck fix did wonders. But the demo, last I checked, is still not updated - so you can't see the fixes you would want to see to make a purchasing decision unless you fork out $4000L.

My friend with the full Belleza is a full-time SL nudist - so the alpha HUD problems it has don't bother her the way they'd make it difficult for me to use...

And Belleza changed their minds on the developer system - a free developer's kit complete with full-perm UV map texture files, and a free copy of the body, in an unrigged state, so developers can test without buying... that suddenly makes Belleza very open to the modder community.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.