I can't use local chat and other issues.

Rothgar Ravenheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Local chat from other avatars works fine, but when I type in the chat box and hit enter the message is not sent. I can send an IM. Another issue I am having is that i am not able to  access web pages by clicking on a link in any of my huds. I would just create a new av, but i have too much stuff. This is an issue on multiple PCs. Other AVs have no problem on these PCs. I have tried several things including detaching everything and using default skin, eyes,etc. My location on the grid seems to make no difference. I am fresh out of ideas. Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

It's possible you may have accidentally muted (blocked) yourself.  Strange, I know, but it does happen.  If you did this, you won't see your own chat in local.  Bring up the blocked list and see if your name appears there.  As for the clickable links on huds, sorry, you got me there.  No clue.

Hi Rothgar,

This seems to suddenly be happening more than usual, which implies that LL has changed the trigger that mutes oneself. If you can recall the last thing you typed that triggered the mute could you please post it here. The old one was " << " so my guess it will be some sort of sequence of unusual characters.

Thank you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.