How do I Age Verify my account? Non-US resident on Basic

Sayuri Itamae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downgraded my alt account to basic a few months ago (previous Premium User). I just realized I can't enter certain sims that won't allow accounts that do not have Age Verification on. However, when I went to the website to age verify my account (will probably try to age verify my premium account as well--I don't remember if I did it before), it won't let me. It keeps saying that I failed.

Is there anything I can do? Considering my account is now Basic, the Submit a Case page does not have the "Special Questions" option. In fact, none of the available drop down options are related to my problem! Which means I can't submit the info they want (like scanned ID).

I already have a payment on info (credit card info on file) file in my Account, so that means they know of all people I'm already an adult.

I don't know where else to turn or talk to.

5 answers to this question

Hi, Irene Muni gave precious information in a thread last March. Hope it helps you (and thank you Irene for your always efficient and helpful answers)

Irene Muni Master 6,939 posts since
Feb 28, 2009
Currently Being Moderated
1. Mar 18, 2010 1:51 AM                                                                              transparent.png in response to:                                                                   yeva Gartner
Re: age verification

Hi.

- 1 -

If you want acces to Adult lands an content IS NOT necessary be Age Verfied, it's enoug be Account Verified. See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:What_are_the_different_types_of_Account_Verification%3F That document explain the differences. Extract:

In order to access Adult Content in Second Life, your account needs to be verified.

You may have heard the terms "Account Verification" and "Age  Verification". While related, they are in fact  different! Here's what you must know:

• Account Verification is an umbrella term which contains different ways of being Account-Verified.
  • Having "Payment Info on File" means you're "Account-Verified" ,  but not necessarily "Age-Verified". You can be neither,  either, or both. For example, if you purchase goods from Xstreet  with a credit card, you have Payment Info on File status, and are  "Account-Verified". But, you're not Age-Verified unless you explicitly go through the Age Verification  process.
  • Furthermore, even if you have both Payment Info on File  and are Age-Verified, to access a Region, your Preferred  Maturity must be the same or greater than that Region. For  example, to access an Adult-rated Region, you need to set your  Preferred Maturity rating to PG, Mature and Adult. Similarly, to  access a Mature-rated Region, you need to set your Preferred  Maturity to PG and Mature or PG, Mature and Adult.

-2 -

But  if really you need be Age Verified, and you have problems doing ir  automaticallu, you shoul use the Manual age verification. See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Age_Verification_FAQ#What_happens_if_I_experience_problems_when_I_try_to_verify_my_identity.3F

What happens if I experience problems  when I try to verify my identity?

The new age verification feature is in beta. Please be patient as we  continue to improve the feature. We are committed to making sure the  process is as smooth and user-friendly as possible; however, we  understand that this represents a change for Residents. We have also  tested the system extensively with our systems provider,  Aristotle-Integrity, which has delivered this type of technology to  other companies. If you continue to have problems verifying your  identity, please go to the Second Life Support Portal and submit a ticket  (select Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login from the  Ticket Type dropdown, select Account Issues from the next  dropdown, and choose Manual Age Verification from the next).

Please attach an electronic (scanned) copy of one of a Government  issued identification that has your name and date of birth clearly  displayed. This identification could be one of the following:

• Birth Certificate
  • Driver's License
  • Passport
  • State or National ID

To attach a file to your ticket:

1. Log into the Second Life Support Portal and click the My  Support History tab.
  2. Click the Ticket # of the age verification ticket you  submitted.
  3. Click the Comment button.
  4. Click the Attach a file link.
  5. Browse for the file on your computer and click Open.
  6. To attach another file, click the Attach another file link.
  7. Click the Submit button.
  8. The files you specified will be uploaded and attached to the  ticket.

Please expect manual verification to take 5-7 working days.

Aventura y ViajesManuales

• Like 1

Sayuri Itamae wrote:

That's the thing. I can't send LL anything through the Submit a Case, there is NO Manual Age Verification option. All I've done right now is go to my premium account and do the Manual Verification with a notecard request theydo the same for this alt account.

Hi Sayuri,

That is about all you can do with the current set up. They removed Ticket access for age verification for basic accounts & some have speculated that it could be because they would have to pay a real person to manually check the details and they aren`t prepared to do that for an account that isn`t paying them.

In your case of course you are paying them on your other account and the ID would be the same for both accounts & only needs checking once, so you did the right thing IMO. See what they do with the note your premium account submitted & maybe ask LiveChat if there is anything else that would help such as an email or whatever.

That kind of set up sucks, but it's good to know I've done all I can at least. I wish they'd bring back age verification for Basics though. Due to the Teen grid gone and kids in the main grid now, some of the RP sims I go to require an Age Verification to protect themselves legally.

Thanks, Valerie and thank you too Peewee for all the help. I've kept a bookmark on the Age Verification discussion, wiki and the like for future references.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.