Sign in to follow this  
Rivernaut Piers

How can I lose my sofa during Edit/Move

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Rivernaut,

If you were dragging the sofa along an axis that was nearly normal to the screen (pointing in/out of it) the cursor to axis translation could be so great that a small mouse movement tosses the sofa out of view. I've had that happen to me, and found the item half way across the sim in the direction I was moving. Similarly, if you move something "by the numbers", a typo can send something to the edge of the sim (or up in the sky) in a keystroke. It may be time to go to Build->Pathfinding->Linksets to find your wayward sofa.

Click on the Owner column to sort by owner name, then go looking for the sofa in the list. Click on the sofa's line, then click "Teleport me to it".

Good luck!

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

Hi Rivernaut,

If you were dragging the sofa along an axis that was nearly normal to the screen (pointing in/out of it) the cursor to axis translation could be so great that a small mouse movement tosses the sofa out of view. I've had that happen to me, and found the item half way across the sim in the direction I was moving. Similarly, if you move something "by the numbers", a typo can send something to the edge of the sim (or up in the sky) in a keystroke. It may be time to go to Build->Pathfinding->Linksets to find your wayward sofa.

Click on the Owner column to sort by owner name, then go looking for the sofa in the list. Click on the sofa's line, then click "Teleport me to it".

Good luck!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.