Needing to change to basic membership... how do you "release" land?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

It's not a good idea to abandon your land, unless it's a Linden Home.

You can set the price lower and lower until it gets snapped up (you can make $1L / sq. meter if you're in a super hurry), but it's better to sell to a land bot than to abandon it.

The reason I say this is that abandoned land can sit vacant for a long long time. If someone -- anyone -- buys it, there is always hope that someone else can acquire it.  Abandoned land is off the market.

If it isn't Linden Home land it is also worth contacting adjoining neighbors to see if they are interested in expanding. On the first plot I owned there was an adjoining plot that I would have bought if the price had not been too high then a couple of weeks later it was abandoned when they could have at least made some money from my purchase so give it a go :o)

Abandoned land can actually be easier to get hold of, as you aren`t relying on another resident to choose to put it for sale & at a reasonable price.

If you own land on 3 sides of an abandoned plot LL will transfer it to you, otherwise they will simply put it up for auction if requested.

Peewee.Musytari wrote:

If you own land on 3 sides of an abandoned plot LL will transfer it to you...

Not necessarily. See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Abandoned_Land_FAQ#Will_Linden_Lab_sell_abandoned_land_directly_to_me_if_my_claim_on_it_is_good_enough.3F

Will Linden Lab sell abandoned land directly to me if my claim on it is good enough?

This can sometimes be tricky, but there are cases in which a Resident  may have a pretty good claim to abandoned land. These can include but  aren't necessarily limited to:

• The land I own borders three sides of an abandoned parcel.
  • The land I own completely encircles an abandoned parcel.
  • There is a parcel of abandoned land directly between my land  and another Resident's land, but the other Resident has stated that he  has no interest in owning the abandoned parcel.
  • The land must always be less than 512 square meters.

Remember that these parameters are only guidelines; each parcel is  considered on a case-by-case basis, and the Land Team may not sell the  land to you even if you meet some of the claims. In many cases, there's  no single Resident who has a very strong claim to a particular abandoned  parcel, in which case it goes to auction.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.