Does this happen to anyone else?

Brent Zulaman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK i can be on-line having a grand old time in SL, when suddenly either my own AV or others around me, lose their identity.  The names on teh tags go to ???-??? or they show as unknown in my friends list, their IM's only have the ???-???.  I even see myself turn to ???-??? in local and IMs.  Does anyoen else experience this?  Does anyone know why it happens?  Is there a way to correct it without relogging?  Relogging doesnt even always help.  I am on the Beta 2.4.  Not sure if this is happening elsewhere.

3 answers to this question

Brent Zulaman wrote:

OK i can be on-line having a grand old time in SL, when suddenly either my own AV or others around me, lose their identity.  The names on teh tags go to ???-??? or they show as unknown in my friends list, their IM's only have the ???-???.  I even see myself turn to ???-??? in local and IMs.  Does anyoen else experience this?  Does anyone know why it happens?  Is there a way to correct it without relogging?  Relogging doesnt even always help.  I am on the Beta 2.4.  Not sure if this is happening elsewhere.

Its a bug with Display Names.  Go to Me - Preferences - General and turn off View Display Names and the ??? will go away.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.