Hello, again i am trying not loose attitude but someone from SLUNIVERSE sent me infromation stating

MeiLaie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

that  it was possible to do what i am trying to do. alli know is the person was name Serendipity she join Second Life 2-28-2008. Now if this person sent me and e-mail to my yahoo.com account is there something wrong with this picture. Well take a different look thank you,tech help, still miss you all

4 answers to this question

Huh?

What's your question?

OH!  KarenMichelle made a lightbulb go on.

First of all, SL Universe is a huge and cool web site, but it's run by an independent group and has no affiliation with Linden Lab.  Give people there all the trust and respect you'd give anyone else anywhere on the internet.  In other words, take what you're told with a grain of salt.

Second, if you posted a question ANYWHERE...SL Universe, or here, or in some other chat forum, and you used your avatar name, then anyone could log in world, look up your profile with Search, and send you an IM.  Depending on your preference settings, that IM would be sent to your email account if you are offline. 

So Serendipity did not necessarily steal your email address or anything.

• Like 2

Mei,

No one from SL Answers will email you regarding a posted question. We as volunteers do not have access to your email address. Mind you we could respond via an in-world IM [in the hope you will see it] but that method is harder to use as it is limited in the size of our response.

Your last post here was about having purchased a Chromebook which can not run Second Life natively.

• Like 2

Woah, this is some amount of insane gibberish...

1. Whats your problem? That someone tried to help you? That someone is a member of a thridparty forum?

2. Nobody send you an email unless you told them your email adress. You probably got an IM and because you were not online, the text from the IM got send to your email adress.

3. What picture are you talking about?

4. We are not the tech help or any sort of official support and has long as you are not even familiar with basics, you shouldn't bother any real tech support.

• Like 1

So you can ditch the Google Chrome OS and install Ubuntu on the Chromebook:

Here is a video from someone who successfully did this:

Here is a thread discussing this as well.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Second-Life-Tech/SL-using-200-C720-Chromebook-update/td-p/2758846

Note: This is not a project for the technically challenged.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.