What are the known statistics for SL, concerning age groups by percentile for men and women?

Spectr3 Belfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

"What are the know age statistics for men and woman on sl?"

Maybe someone smarter than I might provide a better answer... but mine is good luck finding out.

Ages and gender are private info with LL does not disclose... so breaking that percentage down is impossible 'officially'.  You might be able to get that info from surveys people have conducted but then you have to wonder how accurate the stats are.

To my knowledge there are no "known age stats" as such info isn't made available, so here's hoping someone proves me wrong for you : )

• Like 1

Here is the link to the only bit of statistical info I could find so far.

http://massively,joystiq.com/2008/05/07key-second-life-metrics-april/

I am very curious by nature and I seem to run into more adults 30-60 years old, than 18 to 30 years old. A few years ago it was vastly different. Now with age verify I believe that explains the shift. Still a work in progress.

"A few years ago it was vastly different. Now with age verify I believe that explains the shift. Still a work in progress."

To start, all the credit in the world to you and Cinn for finding the stats, me bad I didn't look all that hard.

That said, again I'd question the accuracy of said stats even if they were provided by Linden Lab.   You got teens fibbing about age to get on the main grid; you got people wary about giving out RL info online right down to their name nvm age/sex/location, you got adult parents letting theor RL kids join up using the parents RL info and credit card info so their kids can be with them and better supervised on the main grid, there's countless alts that represent different people when really it's just one person - and who even knows what they entered as RL info...

Not much on SL is real, including reallife info provided... so you're playing with stats which is all fine and good but the stats are still skewed.

Interesting question Spectr3...I agree with you on the issue of statistics would be an useful tool. Using common sense (Yes, I think I still have some even though I am in this shooked up Sl World.) and with my experiences with meeting and chatting my guess would be an higher number of Women than Men. Regarding an overall age of residents I also believe 35 yrs plus are the main content users and Designers. Ana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.