transfer question

Deanna Dexler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does no transfer mean you can't give something in your inventory to someone else?  If so, why is it so hard to find things to buy for other people since everything says "no transfer" when you buy it?  I'm trying to buy things for my partner, but every store I go into has only no transfer items.

5 answers to this question

yes, no transfer means no transfer.

i am sorry you are having trouble finding transferrable items, but i can assure you they are out there. it's just a matter of finding them

i'd have an extra look at the creator's profile to see if there are tips on how to gift their items there - often there is. or use the "send as gift" option on the marketplace.

Additionally, if you use the marketplace to perform your shopping you can choose the SEND AS GIFT option during checkout to have the item delivered, along with a short message to the recipient of your choice.  This is how i've done most of my gifting recently.  Where that hasn't been an option, or where the developer doesn't already offer a gifting service in those cases I have simply taken the recipient to the vendor and told them that I would like to buy XYZ for them and then pass them the lindens necessary for them to do the purchase.

when shopping inworld you should look out for vendors with buy as gift as an option Hippo & Ab vendors come with this option or stores may have their own buy as gift system the marketplace is an excellent option for gifting but it doesn't seem to support any new account which will have the resident last name

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.