Brendens and Natalyas landing on sims and leaving

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The estate ban list quit working for me around the beginning of 2016. Bots (including the Brendens, etc.) started showing up & staying. Parcel bans still work but you have to add the names to each parcel's ban list, and that's a pain.

There's a Jira ticket Bots Allowed to Bypass Estate Ban that was entered in August 2014 that's still being updated with examples of bots showing up even though they're banned. I don't know why the problem suddenly got worse for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Yup, they're still operating. I went to a clothing store for a riotvend and Riley Z popped in.  They were regulars on a sim I used to rent on at the end of last year and another I used to visit, roleplay, combat, and shops type place, and I thought for a while it was a friend's alts, but no.

I haven't seen them yet where I currently reside.

Incidentally the "Stop Right There Crasher Scum" and other HUD system mentioned earlier in the trhead are now no longer available or working, I'm told the SRTCS database was no longer accessible, and the other HUD is no longer listed on marketplace.  So.. these bots are not likely to be related to those systems unless there's a sneakier one in use still.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Detecting people's viewers is against ToS, and has been for several years.

The most that can be said for that system is that it bans people who were detected, some 4 or 5 years ago, using illegal viewers.   So it is of only limited help here, I think.

As I recall at the time of the TOS and TPV policy change in 2012 Oz said that the Server would no longer broacast this info.  I can't find a direct quote right now, but there is a reference to it in the Firestorm blog.

"LL has indicated that they will be breaking the viewer tagging system for ALL third party viewers between Tuesday and Wednesday with the region updates."

http://www.firestormviewer.org/new-additions-to-the-third-party-viewer-policy/

So any claim that a system can now detect what client is being used would be more than likely bogus.

Well it may still work with these alts as they are 7 years old and in the data base system already. If only LL would look into it and find out their purpose. Yes it could be bogus as we have been fooled before by a guy with a thing called " Goonbouncer " the guy was a real con artist. Apparently he has passed away but his sim ,club and bot rental business is still running

FantaC Call wrote:

Well it may still work with these alts as they are 7 years old and in the data base system already. If only LL would look into it and find out their purpose. Yes it could be bogus as we have been fooled before by a guy with a thing called " Goonbouncer " the guy was a real con artist. Apparently he has passed away but his sim ,club and bot rental business is still running

The system would not know what client is being currently used. 

And as far as LL investigating, maybe they have.  But it is exceedingly rare to the nth degree that LL ever publicizes the outcome of an investigation.

Also, if his SIM/Club is still running someone has to be paying the bills (tier).  ;)

The Brendens, Natalias, et. al. aren't alts, they're bots. As such they'd by a computer using a viewer meant for the purpose. I have no idea what they're used for -- you'd have to find the person/company that's running them to find out.

LL isn't going to look into this group of bots; these bots are just a small subset of all the bots popping in & out around SL.

• 2 weeks later...

FantaC Call wrote:

Still using an illeagal viewer so up to something

All bots are up to something, or they wouldn't exist. Why worry so much about this particular batch of bots? They don't seem to hang around long or bother anyone. I know of 27 Brenden/Heaven/Natalia/Riley/Selena bots but I've got over 170 bots in my list.

The ones that pop in at ground level and slowly rotate (likely taking pictures) are much more fun to play with anyway.

FantaC Call wrote:

The equipment I was talking about is still available on MP (
) feel free to report it to LL.

But that doesn't tell you what viewer someone is using.   All it does is tell you that they're on the CDS blacklist because CDS detected they were using a bad viewer several years ago.   It's as much use as a chocolate teapot.

• 3 years later...
On 11/1/2014 at 10:01 PM, Diane Macbain said:

Excuse me, I had to use google translator!

List includes approx. 400 active names with the same registration date!

We tried to get Linden Lab to help us, don't even try! You won't get more than their standard answers! We have to make ourselves criminal because Linden Lab is unwilling to help. Linden Lab is keen to retain users in order to maintain their quotas.

We researched someone who no one can find good words about. We interviewed over 1000 people who had something to do with him. He is the owner of a well-known German rock sim that he comes from Germany precisely from Saxony Anhalt.

Nobody dares to do something, but it is a Linden Lab rule that stalking is forbidden or researching real data is forbidden.

I ask you now why does Linden Lab protect someone who can register more than 500 avatars on the one hand, although it is forbidden and then harasses others, it forces us to take protective measures to keep them away or to delete them. With your purchase on Marcetplace, you promote sales at Linden Lab. And woe to you if you say any bad word against Linden Lab, you will never experience friendliness again. They are marked, controlled and banned if they ask for help and don't get it. Always say thank you. Various employees are not really good at dealing with confrontation.
If they confront Linden Lab with their own rules then they will refer you to your lawyer.

In my opinion, Linden Lab is guilty of breaking its own rules and thus making it vulnerable. We haven't done anything like that because we think the Linden Lab is already struggling enough to keep your servers and employees up and running with only standard click messages.

Privacy is very important!

I'm an open, approachable person, but I don't like it when someone stalks for a very long time and thinks they should do that because they would have the right to do it, something is not acceptable, a lot of people leave Second Life because there are still things whose need for action on the part of Linden Lab appears unimportant but they are not interested because it could damage their quotas. From this you can clearly see what is important to Linden Lab. The people are not.

I would like to thank you for reading my words, and I look forward to an inworld contact where I will send this list to everyone who needs it to update their orb with BlackList names.

greetings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.