constantly shouting in local chat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when i am at my house i see in local chat constantly:

Keith Ontyne schreeuwt: Nomadite Indigo
  Keith Ontyne schreeuwt: Keith Ontyne
  Keith Ontyne schreeuwt: Nighthawk Burner
  Nighthawk Burner schreeuwt: Keith Ontyne
  Nomadite Indigo schreeuwt: Nomadite Indigo
  Nighthawk Burner schreeuwt: Nomadite Indigo
  Nomadite Indigo schreeuwt: Nighthawk Burner
  Nighthawk Burner schreeuwt: Nighthawk Burner

While the av are not online

how can it be stopped?

Region  Name: Pinyon Parcel  Name: Tranquility Theme  Selected: Meadowbrook House  Type: Overlook SLurl: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Pinyon/224/14

please help

9 answers to this question

Try muting them as an object instead of a person.  Without seeing the color of the text it is hard to tell but it kinda looks like some type of griefing tool that randomly picks avatar names and shouts them while imitating another avatar.  Finding the object would be best but probably pretty hard since a shout is good to 100m.  You may also want to file an AR.  Probably under Disturbing the peace > Repetitive spam.   Include a copy of the chat text in the report.

--Cinn

Heyas

Unfortunately my name is one of the names on your list and one of the dozens of names being used by whoever this spammer is. I was getting about 14,000 of these things per day but problem was that they were being sent by unsuspecting people such as myself.

I did file an AR some time back but since the spam continues it's obvious that the person responsible has not been stopped by LL.

I have not found a way to stop this problem, although it has slowed down to about 800-900 msgs a day (I get them in my email as I have notifications for IMs to email turned on).

About 10 minutes ago I did create a post about how to AR a problem when I don't have a name of anyone to report. When I first AR'ed this I reported the person that I suspected but I don't think it was him, since the problem continues and seems to be growing across grids.

I have scanned my entire sim, all objects, my avatar and have found no hidden objects. I do have a group of people that want to file a Group AR, but again, without a name, we can't use the standard AR form as found in Help.

Nomadite Indigo wrote:

Heyas

Unfortunately my name is one of the names on your list and one of the dozens of names being used by whoever this spammer is. I was getting about 14,000 of these things per day but problem was that they were being sent by unsuspecting people such as myself.

I did file an AR some time back but since the spam continues it's obvious that the person responsible has not been stopped by LL.

I have not found a way to stop this problem, although it has slowed down to about 800-900 msgs a day (I get them in my email as I have notifications for IMs to email turned on).

About 10 minutes ago I did create a post about how to AR a problem when I don't have a name of anyone to report. When I first AR'ed this I reported the person that I suspected but I don't think it was him, since the problem continues and seems to be growing across grids.

I have scanned my entire sim, all objects, my avatar and have found no hidden objects. I do have a group of people that want to file a Group AR, but again, without a name, we can't use the standard AR form as found in Help.

SOP for filing an AR when you don't have a name is to use Governor Linden and then explain in the text field why you cannot identify the resident.

Edited to add.  The OP seems to indicate that this is a Linden Home location (ie Meadowbrook House)  That means you are all premium members.  Has anyone tried using Live Chat for this one?

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.