I am new and don't know the basics. I need help

Animeseeker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

1.  Whether you sell them or not, here's how you make things >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Build-Tools/ta-p/700039

2. You make make things anywhere you like, provided that you have permission to build there.  You have permission to build in places that you own or rent or a group you belong to does. You may build in public sandboxes. You may rez things, in fact, anywhere that someone who owns the property says you may.

3. No, you don't.

4. No, you don't.

Creating items for yourself and others to use and enjoy is one of the fundamental joys of Second Life. You can take free courses at Caledon Oxbridge University, Builder's Brewery, NCI, or dozens of other places in world to get you started.  You may also visit the Tower of Prims in world to work through tutorials that have been introducing residents to building for over 10 years.

For other basic information about Second Life, explore the Knowledge Base tab at the top of this page, starting here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919

• Like 3

Welcome to secondlife Animeseeker.

You dont need a premioum account in order to sell items.

Yes, you will need a piece of land to rez a cube or two and then edit them in order to create something.

But that doesnt mean you have to pay. There are many people in Secondlife that have offer them land to other people to use.

Most of them called "sandboxes"

Now, as for to how to make things to sell them, thats a big chapter, I guess!

Here is a tutorial that maybe will help you find out.

Of course there are so many other videos in youtube as how to build in secondlife, I just took the very first that pop up after my search. It maybe a little old and the interface is a bit different, but the functions and the way we do it its the same.

Also, if you like to learn to make mesh items then you can watch a

or any other 3D Model creating program such as 

-Now if all that is too much, then you can simply go in our Marketplace  buy an affiliation pack and rent a store in world and try to sell these affiliations. That will need you to pay a few L$ for weekly land fees and for to buy the affiliate pack.

Hope that helps a little! Note there are tons of information in google as about anything in secondlife. I just brought up what I thought it is helpfull and easy to watch.

Cheers! beethros Karas :)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.