Blank Terms of Service and Privacy policy

Joe Mai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I go to log in to Second Life. It comes up with a window saying "Please read the following Terms of Service and Privacy policy carefully. To continue logging in to Second Life, you must accept this agreement." The only problem is that there is no actual agreement (even after waiting 6 minutes). The only other things that appear on the window is a "I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy" check button (which is "greyed" out), A "Cancel" Button, which is Active and a "Continue" button (which is also "greyed" out), leaving me no option other than click the "Cancel" button and exit the application.

I am using the Version 2 Viewer and have previously been able to use Second Life on this computer.

I have attached a screen shot to help.

11 answers to this question

Joe Mai wrote:

When I go to log in to Second Life. It comes up with a window saying "Please read the following Terms of Service and Privacy policy carefully. To continue logging in to Second Life, you must accept this agreement." The only problem is that there is no actual agreement (even after waiting 6 minutes). The only other things that appear on the window is a "I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy" check button (which is "greyed" out), A "Cancel" Button, which is Active and a "Continue" button (which is also "greyed" out), leaving me no option other than click the "Cancel" button and exit the application.

I am using the Version 2 Viewer and have previously been able to use Second Life on this computer.

I have attached a screen shot to help.

This is a known issue.  Two solutions.  One: Upgrade your Adobe Flash to lastest version that supports Firefox & Safari.  or Two: Download the 1.23 viewer and use it to accept the TOS.

--Cinn

when i go to second life it says to check the box to agree to the privite policy then it says to go to the second life website so i go on the website and i just dont see on the website and i cant even find it so iv bine trying to get on but it  wont let me

@ Jade, not really understanding what you are saying. If you downloaded the SL viewer, you should get a TOS page that you need to agree to before it will open the viewer, I have never been sent to the website after agreeing, it just continues loading the viewer. Are you perhaps not agreeing to the TOS?

If the problem persists, go to http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Answers/qac-p/Answers and start your own question, giving exact details of what is happening.

What is the current answer to this problem?  I'm running the latest firestorm and just downloaded the latest SL viewer and still get the blank TOS.  I am currently reinstalling all the ancient phoneix, firestorm, sl viewers I can find on the downloads directory in my machine hoping to find one that works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.