Just when I thought some people in SL couldn't get any weirder....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow.

I had a couple walk into my home in FC as I was messing with my wardrobe.

Of course, my bottom floor looks more like a public area than a residential abode.

But a rp'd it out and greeted them. Once I revealed it was my home they were embarrassed and apologized profusely.

I invited them to come back to visit again.

LeonardoMyst wrote:

Oh wow.

I had a couple walk into my home in FC as I was messing with my wardrobe.

Of course, my bottom floor looks more like a public area than a residential abode.

But a rp'd it out and greeted them. Once I revealed it was my home they were embarrassed and apologized profusely.

I invited them to come back to visit again.

Most times, that's exactly how it goes for me. I don't mind people wandering through my home, or even using it. I'm rarely there myself. I love Forgotten City and I'm happy to see people exploring it. I had a lovely what with "Mike" this morning, and sadly couldn't stay very long. I encouraged him to wander the City to see the mysteries, and perhaps find the hidden power source that makes it all go.

But now and then (mostly then) I get visitors with attitude, who do not appreciate my presence in "their space". If a gracious explanation doesn't turn things around, I turn them around. There was a persistant women who used my skybox for her liasons for months. I've no idea how much she used that space, but it was not uncommon for me to arrive at my fireplace to find her there, enjoying the attentions of a suitor. Fortunately, I have accomodations down on the ground as well, so I'm generally able to occupy myself while one of my places is otherwise occupied.

;-).

You could always move the skybox up by about 10 meters or so. Then her landmark would be in empty space and down she'd go....grins...

But then, I'm evil like that.

My interesting thing on those lines. A sim I RP in is dark RP. On an alt, I had a small apartment rented and kept noticing the pose balls on the bed had been used. I was in the sim on another atl, RP looking for my downstairs neighbor. (Not a fantasy sim but post apocalyptic so angels/demons, etc.) Demon comes up, grabs me and ....wait for it...takes my to my alts apartment and makes use of the bed. I RPd along and then once he was gone, logged in the alt and locked the bed. Poor thing had to find someone elses stuff to use.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

You could always move the skybox up by about 10 meters or so. Then her landmark would be in empty space and down she'd go....grins...

But then, I'm evil like that.

My interesting thing on those lines. A sim I RP in is dark RP. On an alt, I had a small apartment rented and kept noticing the pose balls on the bed had been used. I was in the sim on another atl, RP looking for my downstairs neighbor. (Not a fantasy sim but post apocalyptic so angels/demons, etc.) Demon comes up, grabs me and ....wait for it...takes my to my alts apartment and makes use of the bed. I RPd along and then once he was gone, logged in the alt and locked the bed. Poor thing had to find someone elses stuff to use.

I could script my skybox to go phantom 10 minutes after someone other than me arrives in it. That gives the curious time to explore, but squatters nothing to stand on.

I once lived on a tropical island and set up the bed I shared with my partner so that every pose except "spoon" would place the avatars in the bushes behind our hut.

You're not the only evil one.

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:
I could script my skybox to go phantom 10 minutes after someone other than me arrives in it. That gives the curious time to explore, but squatters nothing to stand on.

Maddy. Standing is standing - with straight legs. Squatting is squatting - with bent legs. Those who squat have no need of anything to stand on. Let's try to keep this discussion serious, shall we?

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I'm not sure that needs a cure, or even wants one.

Perv.

i have perverts. about 6 of then now lol (:

for about 3 months maybe when I log in then i get these random insults in IM. When 1st happened I went lol okaay!! and dont care. Just ignore

+

day before yesterday I get another one. and I got nothing better to do. So I answer back with gibberish. And it tries to make sense of it lol. Is a AI. They all the same AI.  Just login on all these dif accounts. It gave up after a while. Was pretty funny (:

+

then yesterday get another one. But is not from the AI. Is the actual AI designer person pretending to be the AI. jejejeje (:

so I go lol. and then I tell them what they need do to make their AI better

basically their AI tries to treat gibberish as coherence. So need fix that. And also I know is them chatting now and not the AI bc of the way they said what they said. Is not how their AI would of phrased it. So they need work on that as well

like if going to fake that you are your own AI then is not as easy as it seems. like is to easy to expose that you a actual person answering and not a AI. And that they designer dont actual understand how to program one. Program the pyschology part. Which is the serious hard part to do

anyways they never reply and log off

+

but today I log on and is them again

it goes: just dont. dont

and i go: p3.4ddd (or something)

and it goes: dont

and i go: tres bien

is a pause and is the person again. they go: *insult* *insult* Just watch (:

like they actual add the smiley

dunno if they worked it out yet, but when they smiled then I have sucessfully trained them. Pavlov and all that

and then i go: que quieres gafas ??

then nothing. lol !! they log off

+

am waiting for the next time. Am going to start chatting klingon at them. or maybe some language for which is no Google translate. jejejeje (:

that pervy little AI bot and its even more pervy designer are both going to go crazy if it keeps calling me. jejejejjee (:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I remember long ago when my store was pretty new, a couple new to SL decided to move into one of my model homes, which I keep nicely furnished.  They could not believe my gall when I informed them that if they wanted to live in the house they would need to pay me.  And then go buy some land to put it on!  Why they should pay some random stranger to live in their chosen home they could not imagine.

Aye, some people are very cheeky and rude.

When I shared some land with a partner, we discovered someone had set themselves up with a nice home on a sky platform and used 400 or so prims. My partner was more lenient than I would have been, decided to send them a polite notecard saying if they wanted to remain on his land, they could do so, but they would have to pay him rent at 2LS per prim. Needless to say, he got no reply, so we had a cuddle on their bed

not a fart.jpg

and left a souvenir of our visit in the form of this photo in a nice large frame just inside their front door. We knew they had logged in at some point, as we added their names to our tracker, but they boxed clever, and must also have had us on a tracker somewhere as they never came on our land when we were online.

After a period of about a week, my partner set fire to their house...

aflame.jpg

He gave them the benefit of the doubt and sent yet another notecard, saying if they did not come and derezz their prims from his land, he would be returning them. Two days after that, one click and it was all gone.

I think I was more galled by the fact they had a better eye for decorating and therefore a better home than I o.O

Here's the last couple that sparked on my sofa and refused to leave...

Visitors.jpg

They didn't consider that you put superglue onto your spare couch, so they're stuck on it for life, even if by now that couch is now in a crate somewhere on its way to a remote destination many many miles away. He he ;)))

Had that happen on my place...Person rezzed out a skybox with almost 400 prims. He didn't answer my IMs so I ejected him from the group and banned him from the land...THEN I got creative. Rather than return everything en masse, I chose a wall from one side a chair and then something small from different points in the house. I sent him back about 30 coalesced objects with something in it that was no copy so he'd have to rez it out in a sandbox somewhere to retrieve stuff...Of course it rezzes in the same relationship so he had an....interesting time of it.

I'm evil like that.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Had that happen on my place...Person rezzed out a skybox with almost 400 prims. He didn't answer my IMs so I ejected him from the group and banned him from the land...THEN I got creative. Rather than return everything en masse, I chose a wall from one side a chair and then something small from different points in the house. I sent him back about 30 coalesced objects with something in it that was no copy so he'd have to rez it out in a sandbox somewhere to retrieve stuff...Of course it rezzes in the same relationship so he had an....interesting time of it.

I'm evil like that.

Just the right amount of evil by the sounds of it :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.