Please i need help (multiple problems)

Kiban Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I have a few problems, first im a cloud....I have tried different viewers and I have cleared cache and I have changed my group tags and still I am a cloud.....second for some reason half of my contacts are listed under (???) and i think that is weird I just got a new laptop so that the cloud issue shouldn't be a problem but it is....please someone help me with these problems I would really appreciate it if you can help me.

2 answers to this question

Hello Kiban, try the great suggestion from Imnotgoing Sideways "Search your inventory Library folder for anything called    "Eyebrowshaper"... Get any one of them, from the library and not your own inventory, and drag it to your avatar."

Right click on your Avatar and detach all. Then access and wear a default avatar See SL Wiki Why do I look like a particle cloud

Close the Viewer and shutdown your computer. Unplug your modems and routers for a full minute, then plug them back  in.

Before you log in, Clear the Cache from Outside Second Life You can check the Disk Cache location, for each Viewer, from the login screen Preferences > Network or Setup.  Log into Region Smith, wearing the Default Avatar, see Changing your login location and let your Inventory fully load.

When your Inventory has fully loaded. Close the Viewer and relog.

.. for some reason half of my contacts are listed under (???)

See Vick's great reply here Re: i have disconnectiong problems really.and everyone even self is a ???.?

Even though your laptop is new, please check you have all the updates to your Operating System and the latest Graphics Card drivers.

Alternatively, the following always works for me when I become a cloud....

On the top menu click on "Advanced" (enabled with Ctrl + Alt + D). Choose "Debug  Settings" . Type in 'RenderUnloadedAvatar' and set it to TRUE.

And don't worry about the ??? names, its happening to a lot of people using the latest LL viewer, it comes and goes for me. Hopefully they fix that glitch soon.

Good Luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.