Sign in to follow this  
Kiban Firelight

Please i need help (multiple problems)

Question

Hello Kiban, try the great suggestion from Imnotgoing Sideways "Search your inventory Library folder for anything called    "Eyebrowshaper"... Get any one of them, from the library and not your own inventory, and drag it to your avatar."

Right click on your Avatar and detach all. Then access and wear a default avatar See SL Wiki Why do I look like a particle cloud

Close the Viewer and shutdown your computer. Unplug your modems and routers for a full minute, then plug them back  in.

Before you log in, Clear the Cache from Outside Second Life You can check the Disk Cache location, for each Viewer, from the login screen Preferences > Network or Setup.  Log into Region Smith, wearing the Default Avatar, see Changing your login location and let your Inventory fully load.

When your Inventory has fully loaded. Close the Viewer and relog.

.. for some reason half of my contacts are listed under (???)

See Vick's great reply here Re: i have disconnectiong problems really.and everyone even self is a ???.?

Even though your laptop is new, please check you have all the updates to your Operating System and the latest Graphics Card drivers.

2 answers to this question

Hello Kiban, try the great suggestion from Imnotgoing Sideways "Search your inventory Library folder for anything called    "Eyebrowshaper"... Get any one of them, from the library and not your own inventory, and drag it to your avatar."

Right click on your Avatar and detach all. Then access and wear a default avatar See SL Wiki Why do I look like a particle cloud

Close the Viewer and shutdown your computer. Unplug your modems and routers for a full minute, then plug them back  in.

Before you log in, Clear the Cache from Outside Second Life You can check the Disk Cache location, for each Viewer, from the login screen Preferences > Network or Setup.  Log into Region Smith, wearing the Default Avatar, see Changing your login location and let your Inventory fully load.

When your Inventory has fully loaded. Close the Viewer and relog.

.. for some reason half of my contacts are listed under (???)

See Vick's great reply here Re: i have disconnectiong problems really.and everyone even self is a ???.?

Even though your laptop is new, please check you have all the updates to your Operating System and the latest Graphics Card drivers.

Alternatively, the following always works for me when I become a cloud....

On the top menu click on "Advanced" (enabled with Ctrl + Alt + D). Choose "Debug  Settings" . Type in 'RenderUnloadedAvatar' and set it to TRUE.

And don't worry about the ??? names, its happening to a lot of people using the latest LL viewer, it comes and goes for me. Hopefully they fix that glitch soon.

Good Luck.