450L$/wk

Joy Wiskee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Furnished

1024M,243prim,450L$ a week

Overlooking the ocean

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Imperial/26/248/99

"I got some Ocean front property in virtual reality,
From the front porch you can see the sea.
And if you buy that,
I'll throw in the house for free.'
Amazing, fascinating, diversity of mainland.-Really Reality

Questions contact Joy Wiskee

sl.reallyreality@yahoo.com

Flickr pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128171561@N03/sets/

Joy Wiskee wrote:

1024M,243prim,4500L$

Free House with Balcony Overlooking the ocean

I got some Ocean front property in virtual reality,

From the front porch you can see the sea.

And if you buy that,

I'll throw in the house for free.

Amazing, fascinating, diversity of mainland.-
Really Reality

Questions contact Joy Wiskee

sl.reallyreality@yahoo.com

Flickr pics

Hello Joy.

First of all.. this is not the correct category to advertise rentals.

Second, the land you offering is way far from an ocean front. It is just a simple plain grass parcel.

Third and the most critical:

If someone comes there and pay the ammount you asking (L$4,500) to buy the land, which i doubd for such a parcel,

then exactly at that moment you will NOT be the owner anymore and of course you will NOT be able to rez anything.

The new owner will return all your already rezed houses and they will propably set ban lines and you will not even able to walk in it.

So, I guess you will remove this post, before a moderator does that and change your mind about your offers.

If you wish to get some help and info of "how to"

then check this out and this

Cheers, beethros

Well, the price for this parcel is completely absurd, but the house rezzed there has Transfer permission and the parcel is set to sell with contents, so in the unlikely event that somebody bought it, they'd also become owner of the house at the same time. True, It's not much of a house, so yeah: the new owner will probably delete it anyway, but it's not as if there's fraud involved in that claim.

On the other hand, calling this parcel "Ocean front" is far beyond wishful thinking. Even the claim that it has a "view" "overlooking the ocean" is quite a stretch -- water is only visible with a very deep draw distance, which barely distinguishes this parcel from most of the Atoll continent where it's located.

I do like this practice of ridiculing posters who dump sale promo posts in this subforum when it's plain to see that such posts are routinely moved out of the forum. Inasmuch as moving those posts doesn't seem to discourage future posters, disparaging the poster's literacy may be more effective. Worth a try anyway.

Thank you for your comment!
I am so happy (and proud) that you find my way worthy to try!
I have to admit that I didn't pay attention on the transfer permissions of the house and so, if i had done it, I could be a little bit more soft in my reply.
Yes, I really don't like to see the Mainland category full of moved posts and more I don't like to see absurd sales.
I really believe in teaching than punishment.
That's why I reply to it, than report it to a moderator. (They have been tired of my reports anyway)
I am trying hard - due to my low English - not to be that much sarcastic or that much ironic as about those kind of offers,
but that's how it has to be done, to reach the sensitive strings of those posters and make them do it better in them future.
I really encouraging new landlords or any kind of new merchants in SL simply because competition benefits me, as it does to everybody who realises that. I am happy I have this knowledge and I am trying to pass it to the others.

First of all, THIS IS the forum for rentals. And that is the only mistake i made. Just accidentally went to the wrong forum. Second, the "ocean front" is part of the tag line. It clearly said in the second line after the land details, "Free House with Balcony Overlooking the ocean".  There is an excellant view of the ocean, draw distance 0 or 1000. In fact draw distance to 0, all the other buildings disappear, improving your view. Third, I compared price to surrounding and similar parcels.I found two 512s this morning, not only completely landlocked but surrounded by tall block buildings. So it was essentially an alley. Price 2K.........If you want to harrass someone about price find the people selling 512s for 50,000L NEAR the water. Third, I am very experienced with property permissions. The house is trans and objects are set to go with the property.

But I think this has to do with the person who gave me a hard time because I bought it before they did and they wanted it.

So I changed it to rent for $450 a week. :) Guess I am in the right catagory now. And I added more pics to the the Flickr page  so people can see the great view of the ocean and that the house is a nice modern mesh building with a great balcony.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.