Estate banned resident continues to return

Tori Corvale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

try removing him from the ban list and adding him to the ban list all fresh.. sounds futile, but it used to work for me once in a while. Especially when the grid is a bit.. wonky... it seems that the estate bans are not properly written back to the several sims in the estate sometimes.

when you see the avatar next,as it might be a display name in use,right click,view profile.

Check to see if user name and display name match. In any case,copy and past the user name directly from the profile to make sure all characters are the same.

Might be using 0 for O or I (one) for l (lower case L) for example.

*huggs*

Mondy

hm. I am assuming the person was banned initially by rightclick, eject/ban. in that case I don't think the display name or the spelling of either display name or user name should matter. (and i am aware should is a relative term when it comes to "computer sciences" lol)

even *if* the user was banned via estate ban list in the firs tplace, his/her name would only have come up in the people picker if it was

a) spelled correctly or

b) coincidentially there is someone who has a similar name and spells it with the o where this one uses a 0 and so on.

I think the chances for the later are slim.

• Like 1

Tori Corvale wrote:

I am an estate manager for my partner's sim. I estate banned a resident yesterday. He is definitely on the banned list. He keeps returning. I kick him, he's sent away then returns. All while still on the estate ban list. This is getting old. What is going on here?

Are you banning him with the land options or using the estate box? If youre banning him form the parcel hes on, he can return to another parcel..just a thought

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.