Sign in to follow this  

Cannot install SL2 Viewers after update. help?

Question

Whitetalon.Jurassic wrote:

I logged into SL today, and saw the update to Viewer 2.3. I tried to run the update, but the installation failed when attempting to extract one of the files. I had the option to retry, abort, or ignore. Retry did nothing, Abort ended the install with a failure, and ignore just left me ignoring a string of some 20 to 30 files that failed to load. Now, not only can I not install ANY of the versions of the SL2 viewer, but the one I did have which ran will not start. It crashes before it even starts.I uninstalled and deleated my SL folder, but now none of the SL Viewers will finish the install process. Not even the version that I was running fine with before.

First, you should download the viewer install file to your computer and not run it from the web.  Once you have the download exe on your computer, you should be able to install it.  But because of the failed install, you may need to go into your Remove Programs and actually do a proper uninstall first.

--Cinn

4 answers to this question

Whitetalon.Jurassic wrote:

I logged into SL today, and saw the update to Viewer 2.3. I tried to run the update, but the installation failed when attempting to extract one of the files. I had the option to retry, abort, or ignore. Retry did nothing, Abort ended the install with a failure, and ignore just left me ignoring a string of some 20 to 30 files that failed to load. Now, not only can I not install ANY of the versions of the SL2 viewer, but the one I did have which ran will not start. It crashes before it even starts.I uninstalled and deleated my SL folder, but now none of the SL Viewers will finish the install process. Not even the version that I was running fine with before.

First, you should download the viewer install file to your computer and not run it from the web.  Once you have the download exe on your computer, you should be able to install it.  But because of the failed install, you may need to go into your Remove Programs and actually do a proper uninstall first.

--Cinn