How do I change my email address in the forums for email notifications?

Larryk Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Earlier today, I changed my email address in my Account's Contact Information. I thought that would also change my email address here in the forums that I get my email notifications from various threads I follow at, but it didn't. Can anyone tell me how to change my email address here in the forums so that I get my email notifications at the new email address I listed for my account? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Irene Muni wrote:

AFAIK it's the same and only email for account and forums. .........

From https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Blog_FAQ#How_do_I_change_my_email_address.3F

How do I change my email address?

We only use one email address for your entire Second Life account and all authorized services (like the Marketplace)  because of a system called SSO (Single Sign-On). When you login to  blogs.secondlife.com, you're securely authenticated with the same  information you use at the regular secondlife.com.

To change your email address:

Use the Contact Information page (normally found on the left-hand side of your Dashboard).

On blogs.secondlife.com, click Log out in the upper  right then log back in. This shows your updated email address in your  blog profile. Otherwise, the old one still displays, and it's confusing  but works.

64px-KBnote.png Note: Only you and Lindens can see your email address in your blogs.secondlife.com profile. It's hidden for everyone else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.