Nothing is working. Avatar remains Ruthed. Help. :(

Aziraphale Neiro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Last week, I tried to log into my account on Phoenix viewer and my avatar refused to load. She remained as a cloud for over 2 hours until I gave up and logged out. When I logged back in the next day, she was still a cloud. I tried rebaking, but she just turned into Ruth. I changed my bandwidth and graphic settings, cleared cache, went into debug settings to change RenderUnloadedAvatar to true, and I even sat on a deruthing object. Nothing has worked. I've even tried Ascent and 1.23 viewers with the same result. I've uninstalled and reinstalled viewers, no change. I even went so far as to erase my hard drive and start completely over, and she is still ruthed. I've logged into an alt account of mine, and that avatar loads perfectly fine, but my main account avatar is still Ruthed. I've tried detaching all items, including clothes (in a very quiet sim XD), but if I try to replace any item with something else I am told I have to wait until my avatar is loaded. Edit appearance isn't an option as it's grayed out on the pie menu. Every item in my inventory is shown on the list, so it's not that my inventory isn't loading. I did submit a ticket to LL, but it's already been a week and they haven't yet responded... so I'm asking for help. Do you know how to fix this without LL's help? Thank you.

Edit: I just logged back in world and found that my avatar is wearing a shape called "RuthHairFix" in my inventory, which I didn't put on her myself and that I apparently can't replace (I get a message telling me I have to wait until my clothing and skin load). I right-clicked "RuthHairFix" in my inventory and clicked Edit, which put me in Edit Appearance mode. I found out that I can create and wear a shape, skin, hair, clothes, etc myself from scratch, but I still can't change using anything already in my inventory, and even though I created and wore the new shape I created, she is also still wearing "RuthHairFix." Wearing two shapes? What is going on here? I'm not skilled in SL enough to create my avatar 100% from scratch...does this mean she's doomed forever? :'(

I am sending you a folder.  Wear everything in this folder (just use 'replace' on your avie).  Once you have fully rezzed, you can then replace each item with what you would normally wear.  Since you did not try this method, it is the only thing left that I can think of trying and it worked for me a couple of weeks ago, also using Phoenix viewer.  Keep the folder in case you need it again sometime.

Try the advanced menu --> Character --> Character Tests --> then either toggle female or male avatar.

What this does is sets your avi to a noob avi and then you just rebuild from there.

Also a good idea once you have your skin.. shape.. etc put back together is to save those as an outfit for future emergencies.

Venus Petrov wrote:

I am sending you a folder.  Wear everything in this folder (just use 'replace' on your avie).  Once you have fully rezzed, you can then replace each item with what you would normally wear.  Since you did not try this method, it is the only thing left that I can think of trying and it worked for me a couple of weeks ago, also using Phoenix viewer.  Keep the folder in case you need it again sometime.

Venus, a friend needs the folder. May I have a copy, please?

There is a super easy fix for this.

create a new folder in your inventory.Name the folder something like !!!Normal, so that it shows at the top of your inventory folders.  In that folder, put your normal shape/skin/hair/huds/eyes...everything you normally wear, along with a pair of jeans and a shirt. Now the IMPORTANT things to remember is you right click the folder, and REPLACE, not wear it. Replace is the key. Anytime you log in, and you don't rezz with in a few minutes, you can use that same folder to replace yourself in one click. using the other methods described above work as well, but then you have to take time to rebuild your avie. Then once the new folder replaces you, your good to go. change clothes if you want, whatever. Keeping a set of clothes in there means no matter where you are, you can change and not be nakie in public.   Remember...REPLACE. not WEAR. REPLACE.

~Brie

• Like 1

I am replying on my cell phone, so can't give detailed reply. But the problem is a bug associated with the hair base. Solution is to find a basic linden hair base in your library. wear that, then you should be able to rebuild your avi. Wow to you going so far as to erase your hard drive. Was totally unnecessary. I am continually astounded at how much of the burden for dealing with technical failures LL shifts to its users, who often flail about looking for answers on their own computers when the failure is in LL software and/or hardware.

I've been Ruthed as of today, and have been reading all these posts with suggestions on how to fix.  Even the suggestion to do the Character Test doesn't work for me.  I've tried it all.  Both of my alts have the same problem.  When I do the Character Test, it tells me that I have to wait for everything to load.  Well, geez, I've been waiting for hours!  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I've answered this in the GD forum, but I'll add one that works here (and you don't need to wait for someone to send you a folder).

Create a folder, name it "Replace with me if I'm a cloud (or noobified)". Put this folder in your Body Parts sub-folder.

In that folder place a copy of your usual shape, skin, hairbase, eyes, prim hair (if any) and (if you hang out at PG sims) a top and pair of pants.

If you cant bake (remain a cloud) or if you rebake and find yourself wearing ruthhairfix as a hairbase, right click on the folder and choose 'replace outfit'.

Wait for your AV to fully bake. That is, that second 'fuzzy to sharp' rezzing of all the textures.

This makes it easier and quicker to 'rebuild' your Avatar when this happens.

You'll have to reattach any HUDs and prim clothing, but you'll be able to.

Ruthhairfix is the debbil

• Like 1

OMG Venus Petrov's suggestion and file WORKED!  I had the very same problem today, March 23-11.  Tried everything you tried.  Venus was logged on and sent me the file and it worked.  Some body parts didn't rezz however she suggested Rebake and I finally was back to my right Avatar look.  THANK YOU Venus!  I too use Phoenix but went back to Viewer 1.123 as I keep getting bugs attached in Phoenix every two weeks.  Kinda sad as the Phoenix viewer features are awesome and so much easier to use that Viewer2.

@ Woody, TP to Smith, clear your cache and relog back to Smith. Open your inventory and just stay there doing nothing until your inventory has full reloaded. If you avatar has not loaded by the time your inventory has finished, then try right-clicking the folder you mentioned and selecting Replace Outfit. Hopefully it should work then.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.