Hi

Tolly Weatherwax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Some of the clothes or attachments you are wearing can make your avie hard to render sometimes.Laggy places doesn t help either.The faster way to fix this is as next: Activate your advanced menu ( by clicking at the same time Ctrl+Alt+D )

Then go to the Debug settings menu.A window will pop up.Write on that window RENDERUNLOADEDAVATAR.and below that switch to TRUE.

That should fix it.I hope this works for you

Well... in the non-V2 viewers, there are two places you can empty your cache in your Prefferances (Contl+P), I think only one in the V2 types... have you done that lately?  That's usually a symptom I have if I need to empty my caches.

Sometimes if you go into edit appearance and out again, that will clear it up.

Contrl+Alt+R is used to Rebake your character... (hopefully it won't refry it...)

• Like 1

Thanks David  - thats what I'm currently doing - nice to know I'm doing it right!  But the problem appears to have been getting worse over the last few weeks.  My profile is also showing me as a newbie, but I've had my account for a couple of years so am aware of some of the issues.  Thanks for your help and I look forward to meeting you sometime.

Thanks for the reply Garnet - I've tried all of the above but but the problem was persisting so I've been re-logging first and then re-loading the original avatar on advanced and then re-loading my outfit - skin-shape etc.

The problem seems to have been getting worse over the last few weeks - I was just looking for an easy way around it that doesnt take too long.

Many Thanks for your help - hope to see you around sometime.

I've been having the same problem with viewer 2 and the other viewers using viewer 2.  I finally gave up and have gone back to the old viewer, specifically Phoenix which uses the old viewer.

I tried all of the suggested options and had no success, i was told others could see me fine but it took some of the fun out of things when i couldn't see myself.

Good luck, hope to see a workable answer here as when i went searching found nothing that worked.

Its good to know I'm not alone but this glitch is starting to get annoying.  Maybe its because SL is so popular ?  I'm on Phoenix as I wasnt too keen on some of the alternatives and a Mac if that makes any difference.  If I'm ruthed or a cloud I now just go through the reload original avatar sequence and keep an outfit as me with skin, shape clothes and stuff which has speeded it up a bit.  Hope you find a better solution I'm losing valuable playtime ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.