When did time delay btwn posts get introduced?

Baeric Constantine
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

I find it a little odd that having to wait 2 minutes is aggravating people so much!

I mean - I count myself as a reasonably fast typist but, even if I were to write a post directly after having just done one, it would still probably take at least 2 minutes!

I've only bumped into that message once so far, and that was because I happened to go straight to answering another question with a very short answer right after having just written a post. Guess what I did? I waited about 30 seconds, tried again and the post went through. How aggravating!

If it helps in some small way to combat the spam problems then I can cope with it.

Btw Bearic - just so you know. You may also at some point hit a message saying you have to wait for your post to be moderated before it will show. Panic yee not - this is just another spam combating method. You'll likely have just innocently used a word that the spammers are using which they are now filtering. As soon as they check and see its not spam it will get posted

Hippie Bowman wrote:

And oh yes!!!  I saw no spam this morning!!  Woot!!

then you woke up to a good morning

i believe it has helped to some degree, but i also see that they register multiple accounts and they all take turn in posting so it still gets flooded. but it has gone down quite a bit. it's like breathing fresh air when they're not around for a day

bee Baroque wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

And oh yes!!!  I saw no spam this morning!!  Woot!!

then you woke up to a good morning

And he woke up late!

This morning (morning in Europe, about 1 am SLT) there was spam of FUengineeCK in some forums (portuguese, for example).

Archived