Emerald 1.5 viewer isolated linden and my av to a region for a wk

Zigana Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 wks ago, I lost 18,000$L and was restricted to a paticular region for a week.  I could spend the money but when I would log into SLV2 the money would never be available.  It was exclusive to Emerald viewer.  Since I discovered Pheionx Viewer my use of Emerald ceased. These linden were deposits from LL premium account I held for several months.  As I am 1 to make 2 to 3 $L purchases a month, I was never really sure if the deposits were making it to my account from LL, I simply trusted the 300+$L deposits were being made (I mean it wasn't like millions were being deposited so it would be easy to miss if 1 were in the way of spending for a purpose). 

Outside of the efforts made to leave the region I was trapped in (none of the typical methods; map hopping, invite tp, assisted fleight, nor home tp worked), I found much frustration trying to figure out a method of reabsorbing these funds back into my account. Managed to log on to Emerald and SLV2 on the same pc (which I had heard was impossible), tried to pull up my profile in 1 window in order to transfer the L's to myself; no use.  Checked my account history to see if the deposit were infact deposits from LL and not phantom $ but this type of breakdown is not provided by LL.

Finally I decided to pay a debt, so I made the efforts to transfer the $L's to a close friend (also the individual I owe)  and have her transfer a portion bk, but it was to no avail, the $L's vanished and now I am unable to even log in to Emerald 1.5 as it has made the LL cut list for 3rd party viewers. 

So, here are my questions!  Am I S.O.L.!!? Are the $L's completely lost? Will there actually be a course I can take to try n recover what has vanished, or is this to be just waisted time?  What steps should I take to make my efforts a worth while venture?

Thank you (in advance) for any help towards a solution.

Kink

6 answers to this question

Your Linden dollar balance on your account is independent of whatever viewer you were using. The viewer gets that information from Linden Lab, not the other way around. There is a chance the Emerald viewer was showing your L$ balance incorrectly, but doesn't sound likely since a restart should fix that. What sounds more likely to me is you were using Emerald to log into the beta grid, and the L$ you were seeing was your balance on that grid alone. The beta grid is a testing grid and you cannot transfer your contents or L$ from that grid to the actual real grid. No changes you make on the beta grid will affect your actual account balance. That would also explain being "trapped" since only a handful of regions are actually represented on the beta grid. They rest do not exist there at all.

• Like 1

Ok Mr. Raidio, I understand.

But this only confuses me more!  Why would the beta grid version recieve those funds in the first place......I primarily used V2 and Phenoix; my logging into Emerald was limited as I had found Phenoix more to my likeing. Besides, at the time of my sign up for my primairy account I used V2 (I'm assuming it was on the main grid and we are given control over which grid we sign into), so how in the world did Emarald get on the beta grid (considering, I had no clue this was possible until u explained it to me) and why would LL only make deposits to the beta grid version of my account rather then the main grid version account I signed up with? I know I'm rather void of knowledge in this catagory but it seems something has gone amiss in the placement of funds on LL's side, and does this also mean if I sign in with either V2 or Phenoix on the beta grid those funds may not have transfered. Or,do I still have much to learn?

P.S.

If we are able to view $L's on the main grid with the dashboard and convert the monies bk n forth to USD, would LL's be considerate enough to make sure we have the same abilities to do so with funds we posses on the beta grid as well?  And if so, is it fathomable to think I may be able to convert the funds to redeposit them on the main grid?

Kinkpot Shackleton wrote:

If we are able to view $L's on the main grid with the dashboard and convert the monies bk n forth to USD, would LL's be considerate enough to make sure we have the same abilities to do so with funds we posses on the beta grid as well?  And if so, is it fathomable to think I may be able to convert the funds to redeposit them on the main grid?

No, because technically any linden funds visible in the beta grid are not 'real', and allowing people to transfer them from the beta grid would in essence allow anyone to do so repeatedly such that LL would in effect be paying that person real money for fictional currency, the linden funds on the main grid are backed by real world currency in so much as that you purchase lindens on the main grid using real money and can sell lindens on the main grid in exchange for real world currency.  Consider the scenario this way:

I log into the beta grid and 'buy' linden $'s on the beta grid, now since this is the beta grid my credit card or paypal account don't actually get charged for this currency because it's not 'official', I haven't actually purchased anything in terms of real world money spent (remember I didn't get charged for the linden $ I 'bought' on the beta grid), so it's unrealistic to think that LL would allow me to cash out linden $'s that I hadn't actually purchased or earned from interaction with other residents (tips, sales of products I made, things like that).  Make sense?

• Like 1

When you log in to the Beta Grid (Adiit) there should be a notice on the screen that tells you that any object you create there and any Linden Dollars you have there can't be accessed from the main grid.

When you enter the Aditi grid you are given a sum of money and that seems to be counted up now and then so you can upload textures for instance.

Here is a link to the FAQ page about the Beta Grid: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid

Kinkpot Shackleton wrote:

K, Ms. Arai, I get what ur saying 2.

As a recap, the money is simply trapped on the cotton-pick'n-frick'n-frack'n beata grid, and is only useable there *smh, CRAP!.

Now all that is left is to understand my part in all that has  transpired, and what I can do to prevent it from happening again.

sorry to take so long to reply but technically it's not 'trapped' on the beta grid, the monetary balance on the beta grid is in no way related to any Linden $'s you actually got charged for purchasing.  What has most likely happened is that you purchased L$'s at a time when the Lindex was having issues (happens sometimes much like the asset servers going down periodically), what you need to do is to compare your transactions in your account information on the SL website, viewable by clicking on the 'account' link on the left side of your dashboard and then clicking the 'Transaction History' link, on the screen that is then displayed make sure you use the dropdown boxes displayed to select a suitable range of dates going back to before when you purchased the now missing L$'s, you'll want to probably print the resulting list out so that you can have it to compare to the next screen I'm going to point you to. The next screen to go to is the Account History page by clicking the link on the left side just like you did to get to the Transaction History page, on the Account History page you'll want to select the statement for the month that the L$ were purchased in and quite possibly the month after that as well if it was close to the end of the month, using the combination of information from the Transaction History page and the information from the Account History page you should be able to go through and cross out each corresponding L$ purchase on each page until you find where they don't seem to match up, you may also want to include your credit card or bank or paypal transaction statements in this process as well, once you find out what happened you can then open a support ticket and supply LL with scanned copies of all of the relevent documents as attachments to the support ticket to help in getting things straightened out.

Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.