Curious about Bloodlines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, 

Today I was approached by a vampire who introduced me to Bloodlines and peaked my curiosity so I've been doing some research and got a lot of mixed reviews about it. The person who bit me didn't respond to my IM, but I had to log shortly after, so not sure if it was just spam bitter or not but I think I understand the jest of the game mechanics and it seems interesting but there is also a lot of bad press too so I''m wondering if anyone would be willing to discuss Bloodlines and maybe answer some questions about it. Keep in mind I'm not looking for "Bloodlines sucks, stay away!" or "Its so awesome you should join right now!" cause neather of those actualy tell me anything useful. If it sucks tell me why it sucks, if its awesome say why its awesome.

So far my top questions are: 

After I buy the HUD for the system does it stop there or will I always have to buy other thing like potions just to survive? People have accused Bloodlines of being a money pit.

My Avatar is a furry, would that be an issue gameplay wise? I know some folks like furrys and some don't so this is more focused on mechanics. Is there an anti-furry rule? Would it cause problems with the system, etc? 

If i do join is there any good american clans who would be willing to take me in and show me the ropes? 

The main problem most people have with it  is that the irresponsible players hit up everyone they can find to bite. You know it's bad when the system had to come out with a "garlic necklace" so you could be left alone. Those looked at it more as a  tag, I've got more bites, rather than an RP tool. Those that have clans, like one of the responders, use it properly.

Good luck

I haven't looked into bloodlines in quite awhile now, but not only is there's a bit of pay to win aspect of it, the leaderboard system was, when I last looked, a pyramid scheme in a ways.

Your leaderboard score is based on your minions...the people you've bitten personally. If those people go and bite people..not only does it apply to their own score, but it gets applied to yours as well since you bit them and now they're biting others. So the scoring system is one big giant pyramid.

I participated in the "vampire rp community" for quite a number of years and what I have come to discover that is about 90% of the time, bloodline biters are just people chasing the carrot....they're playing the leaderboard game which really has no bearings on what people roleplay. 9% of those vampire clans that do use it...well, I couldn't say for sure if they actually roleplay or not to be honest. I never bothered joining a bloodlines clan. That and vampire roleplay amongs guilds in your own little castle can get quite boring. Most vampire communities seek out large roleplay sims where there not only is high activity but a lot of new people move through them so it never gets dull roleplaying with just the same people.

The last 1% or fraction of a percent use the hud like a huggging hud, just for vampire biting. I used mine for that purpose and even purchased some additional bite animations to use with it, but I made sure that it was not in their game mode and I had to rename the fangs and stuff otherwise people would of thought I was doing the bloodlines pyramid game thing.

Hey there Phasm,

The Vampyre Clan I am apart of would be willing to take you in and show you the ropes. Which HUD do you have?

We allow all species to be apart of our clan, My Family are Humans as well as Furries ^_^ *Woot Woot*

Our Clan is the Eternal Elite Clan

Our Queen sends everyone either Blood or Lumens even if they are offline to make sure that no one dies. It might be a money pit if you Join a Clan that doesn't help in providing of Blood or Lumens. 

If you are interested in checking out our Clan or even talking to our Queen and asking any questions you may have please don't hesitate to contact me In-World. My name is RedWrath Resident. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.