I had just cut my land parcel in half as of 10-10. When will my account reflect the new land fee?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just cut my land parcel holdings in half from a 16k meter2 property to 8192. I still kept my 512 piece for my premium account.

I cut the land in half before midnight on 10-10.

When will my new land usage/ownership fee reflect to my account.

My account states I have over 8000 meters available for purchase? Am I still being held at the 16k rate for some reason?

4 answers to this question

Make sure you have gone to this page on Secondlife.com  after you have logged in and change you land tier to the correct one for the amount you hold now or SL will bill you for whatever tier you have currently accepted to pay for whether you hold that amount of land or not it doesn't matter but you are billed for the amount of teir you have selected on this page.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

• Like 1

You are seeing that you have spare tier AVAILABLE to use for land.  But you will NOT be charged for land that you don't actually own.  Your new land fee amount will take effect the NEXT billing cycle, however.  This cycle, you will still pay tier on the largest amount of land you owned during the billing period.

• Like 1

The table on the land fees page simply sets an upper limit for the amount of land you can buy before the system sends you an automated message. As Lindal says, you'll only be charged for land that you actually own. ( It's like setting your alarm clock. You can do whatever you like. Sleep, stay aware and read, leave the house and go out to IHOP .....The alarm doesn't care. It will just go off to let you know when it's at the time you set. )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.