Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cornyflowerz

Kemonos getting banned for "Ageplay"

Recommended Posts

I'm just hear to say this & only this.

The person that was banned for ageplay & is defending herself that she didn't do any sort of ageplay, could be lying. I've know this person for a while (roughly 1-2 years). Was I close to her? Yes, I was. Are we close now? No.

Anyways, how do i know this person could be lying that she was just standing there doing nothing in a rated A(sex) sim? (I know it's a sim that mainly forces on having sex because it's called Futa Labs) Because in the past, she lied, a lot. She's good at it to the point where people will take her side, believe her, & defend her from anyone who says otherwise. Do I have proof? Yes, but I will not share any logs. 

So yeah, she could of actually been ageplaying with someone & LL could have found proof, or maybe, just maybe, she could of been telling the truth & was wrongfully banned from SL.

I can understand being banned from a sim, because sim owners can ban anyone for whatever reason they seem fit, but LL banning someone from SL just because they were in a rated A sim while using a mesh avatar that looks like a child (In some people's eyes)? No, I simplily cannot see LL doing something like that unless they were ageplaying. I myself was banned from that sim & I was just standing there fully nude, wearing the kemono avatar (with human skin), & flat chested (I was trying to look like a male, duh.), but I was never banned from SL, just from the sim. Yes, the sim owner has something against anime avatars for some reason, but yeah, all to their own. 

Anyways, all I'm saying is that she could be lying to you by saying that she was wrongfully banned. She could be telling the truth, but from the history I had with this person & from what I know about LL, she could mostly be lying. If she wasn't then yeah, it's bullsh*t if LL did banned her for looking like a child while wearing a mesh body that is known to look very cute. But yea, she could just be lying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you look childlike. 

However, in my opinion, that is not a problem. Or it shouldn't be. I am often told, in RL, that I look about ten years younger than I really am (which puts me about mid-teens in the eyes of many people). I believe that it is the way in which you carry yourself, the way in which you speak, the way in which you act that determine if you are a "child." Or, rather, that should.

Be aware that it's unlikely LL banned you because of your height. No matter how tall you are, your avatar does have a childlike appearance. Anime characters often do. I don't believe that makes you a child or that you should be judged as a child based on appearance alone, but that's what LL does. They crack down hard so that they don't lose their business, and I really can't blame them. I sort of can, but...not really. Do I think it's stupid that they can and SOMETIMES do ban based on height or solely certain physical attributes? Absolutely, but they're trying to protect their interests.

LL is known to ban first, ask questions later when it comes to child avi AR's. I agree, though, that this makes me nervous to wear my newly purchased kemono.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry to say that in my eyes, you look younger than 18. That is mostly due to the amine head. The M3 mesh head look younger and has more innocent features that 9 out of 10 male amine characters. They usually have a more defined chin,narrower eyes and a wider mouth with thin lips than the female characters. Compare the M3 head with Shota Kazehaya. He is one of the most "babyfaced" amine characters and even this guy has a more manly/adult chin. http://kiminitodoke.wikia.com/wiki/Shota_Kazehaya

The Kemono was made as a female furry, it has no male version. What's added on is a male chest. All furry avatars who's sold in a male/female version has a male different from the female. The narrow shoulders that some mention is an example of that. They are made for a female figure and so, all these parts sum up as very young looking. 

The other avatars in your second post look older than you. 

Your rl image shows a male that could not be mistaken for a child. You have stubble, adult sized eyes and more grown up features in general. You will probably always look young and you could be mistaken for 5 years younger than your real age... not younger.

My opinion, sorry....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making the kemono look less childlike for males.

After adding a couple mods and really messing with the sliders a lot (including body thickness 100!) i have managed to make the kemono look like this...

http://i.gyazo.com/8edf2fb651830b088062a850830bceb9.png

Looks far less childlike. But still, I can't help but feel like so much of the issue comes from the M3 anime head. It's disheartening to know that i might be judged by wearing a head that isn't intended for child avatars. Some males like to appear genderless or androgynous, but might run into "age" issues if wanting to go to adult sims...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The extra bulk helps the proportions, and the bit of musculature in the shading is probably an influence too. The features, being 'furry' are more neutral in terms of age, I think. Probably because we don't instinctively assign age to animals the same as we do to people. I'm not sure if you've gone taller or the head is smaller, but proportionately you are more 'heads' taller (probably more than 8 heads tall - it's hard to say without seeing the entire av). You still look young, but you've definitely moved the av away from childlike without turning to a hulking giant.

Nice work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't just your head. And the head wasn't androgyn by the way...it was childlike. Real life men who look androgyn or can be mistaken for women when they dress a certain way and add the right make up, still never look like children, because of other bodyfeatures. Their faces, no matter how feminine, are not as round and soft as a childs face. And that is what the anime head shows: A round, soft face. But as you see, altering the rest of your body helps a lot. Because all other features of your previous shape were also typical for a child who hasn't hit puperty yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a standard avatar shape. Depending on shoebase and hover i can be anywhere betweem 1.65m and 1.85m height

depending on what I wear and what makeup I apply can look anything from about 12yo to 30+. Sometimes I want to be more childlike and sometimes not. Is deliberate when I do this. I choose to do this. Understanding fully the choices I do make. I accept this
 
when I am feeling childlike and dress/look according then I dont go anywhere near designated Adult behaviours areas on the grid. If I did and got banned then it would happen bc was my choice to go there dressed inappropriate for the designated behaviours area. I dont have to engage in those activities to get a ban. I just have to frequent them inappropriately and banhammer will swing

if this ever did happen (banhammer) then was not that I would be somehow misunderstood by others. Is no transference here. I am not misunderstanding my own choice made deliberately

basically own your own choices. Behave appropriate to your chosen look as dictated in the LL ToS/policies and by the Parcel Owner of the designated behaviours applicable to the sim/parcel. and is all good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The person who got banned ended up seeing my thread here and contacted me. She showed me a picture of what her avatar looked like at the time she got banned.

http://gyazo.com/878880e89859bb1b9f79e3cda9b09c0f

She said since then however, she added larger breasts to avoid the ban, but it happened regardless. (The Kemono has small breasts by default).

So, the default kemono shape with human skin is now "ageplaying" according to LL? This is ridiculous. Still, I'm glad I changed my avatar to appear less "childlike."

The person who got banned also told me the entire story. Essentially she was in a Futa sim (dickgirl) and was standing talking to her friend, when an angry user decided he didn't like her avatar and reported her to LL for ageplay, thus leading to her banning.

If LL is the type to shoot-first-ask-never then I see how an angry troll could get any Kemono user banned for ageplay. This is a very serious issue as Kemonos are a very popular avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LL always allows an appeal...they may deny it but they do allow it. Again, sounds like the whole truth wasn't told. LL would have looked at the logs from the area. More was going on than just standing and talking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

 Essentially she was in a Futa sim (dickgirl) and was standing talking to her friend

best to read the LL policy about childlike avatars just being on these kinda sims. And on any parcel on the grid where content designed for adult behaviours are

+

edit add

one of the nonsense that some indulge themself in is they put lady bumps on their childs and go look !!! lady bumps !!! Am not a child avatar bc lady bumps. Then run round and tillilate themselfs on adult behaviours areas.  Is rubbish when they do this. Is disingenuous and deceitful as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

The person who got banned ended up seeing my thread here and contacted me. She showed me a picture of what her avatar looked like at the time she got banned.

She said since then however, she added larger breasts to avoid the ban, but it happened regardless. (The Kemono has small breasts by default).

So, the default kemono shape with human skin is now "ageplaying" according to LL? This is ridiculous. Still, I'm glad I changed my avatar to appear less "childlike."

The person who got banned also told me the entire story. Essentially she was in a Futa sim (dickgirl) and was standing talking to her friend, when an angry user decided he didn't like her avatar and reported her to LL for ageplay, thus leading to her banning.

If LL is the type to shoot-first-ask-never then I see how an angry troll could get any Kemono user banned for ageplay. This is a very serious issue as Kemonos are a very popular avatar.

Sorry, but I'm gonna call shenanigans on this "girl" and the idea that LL banned here merely for looking like a child.  That is now how their policy works. I do not like to defend LL, because frankly they make some idiotic decisions at times, but ageplay and their disallowing it, is not one of those idiotic choices.  Their definition of ageplay is what we have to abide by. They even state clearly that merely looking like a child, doesnot, in fact, indicate sexual ageplay, or that looking child like, is against their TOS.  

So, while it may be true, in fact I am quite certain it IS true, that other residents CAN report folks for doing something, or looking some way, they find inappropriate for the settings, I find it beyond utterly ridiculous to assume that LL will look at those ARs and not use any other proof available.. to simply ban someone for merely looking child like. Sorry, I just don't see it.  Because of their zero tolerance policy, one would expect(and I have seen firsthand) that they would use additional proof to verify a claim stated in any AR sent in regarding ageplay.  In other words... people can report to their little hearts' content, it doesn't mean LL will act, or even ban.  What LL will do, is look at the proof.  

I have run into sexual ageplay in sl(once, and only once, thank god). I have sent in ARs regarding sexual ageplay in sl, and I have seen LL throw down the banhammer. I am quite certain my ARs all on their own, did not get the banhammer thrown down, they merely gave LL a reason to look at evidence. LL can see ALL ims, ALL local chat, etc... They have all the proof they need at their fingertips. While it is true, without the AR of another resident, they may have never even looked at those records(making ARs necessary) my reports, themselves, would not have gotten the person banned. A report alone, as far as sexual ageplay is concerned, won't be enough. LL will look at other indications, more evidence, and put the zero tolerance policy into place. 

Odds are, this chick was doing things she should not have been doing. Whether or not she was reported by one, or more people, doesn't matter. LL sought fit to ban her based NOT on just her looks, and NOT on just one report(or even multiple reports) but evidence. That's how they look at these particular cases.

LL very well may ban others unjustly, many of us have seen it done, but the ageplay thing, they don't..pardon the pun..screw around. Those are RL laws they're messing with, and they must comply with, not some arbitrary rules specific to only our grid. If this chick was indeed banned, it was for far more than just her looks. I wouldn't believe any of what you hear, personally, because, well, we all know how that game telephone works, lol. By the time you got the message, it was likely changed, numerous times.(to best suit whoever is telling the story).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

I'm not making any claims to the original story. I don't KNOW if LL banned for age, height, or whatever. All I know is someone got "reported" for Ageplay when wearing a Kemono avatar with adult Kemono gear, and was banned. I don't KNOW the reason why she was banned. I asked if she was my avatars height and the person said yes, which leads to my dilema.

If LL says an avatar needs to have a certain sized "head" to not look childish, then let LL specify it. The Kemono avatar by default is 6.11 feet tall, and has the body in the screenshots you see above. It also has a **bleep**, making it an adult avatar. It's obviously being sold on the marketplace with LL knowing about it, so why would they ban someone just for wearing it in an adult sim? 

I'm afraid to wear my Kemono now. I fear that since i'm male, LL demands i look like a musclebound giant, rather than a skinny/short person. 

So, you don't KNOW that she wasn't in someones IMs saying "she was 14 and never ever had sex before and could you please show me what it is like?"

Being banned for ageplay is serious business. LL will not bann someone for height. There needs to be accurate info given in the AR. Chat logs to go along with an image. Just ARing someone and saying "hurr derr they look like a kid" wont do diddly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then you'll be fine as long as you don't ageplay. You might get banned from a sim, but not from SL just for your looks. So yeah, don't worry you'll be fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

I'm not really concerned with justifying the person who got banned in all honesty. I just want to prevent MYSELF from being banned. 

 

Don't participate in sexual ageplay or anything that can be construed as such, and you'll be fine.(provided you don't break any other TOS that would warrant a ban lol).

Merely wearing an av or even looking like a child, if that is your chosen look, is not enough to warrant a ban. So don't worry about the av you choose to wear, or how you choose to look. If you are going to worry at all, worry about your actions and your words, as those are what can, and will, determine whether or not a ban is warranted. Thus far, I see no reason for you to worry at all(and anyone that says otherwise, is likely blowing smoke up your ass just to frazzle you). Now, that is a grid-wide ban I am speaking of. Sim owners, of course, have every right to ban for whatever reason they choose(or none at all).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Have the same AV.. boy chest too.. but i never had a Problem with the height issue even in Adult Sims.. I think they went on by looks not by height

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same avatar, I've had the m3 head for almost 2 years and combining it with different styles and avatars to no end to create different characters. I've never, ever been banned from a sim or even accused of looking childlike with that head even with her running around with a lollipop in her mouth on several occasions.

You can't call somene a child avatar just due to the physique. Hell my boyfriends sister is 23 years old and she has no chest, no hips and built like a 12 year old boy. She's also a head shorter than I am; and I'm 5'4" in reality. All my avatars are around 5'6" in the game because any shorter and they look too short porportionally to me.

However, my boyfriend and I next to eachother, the tip of my head is barely up to his shoulders, just like in reality. He's 6'4". We certainly couldn't be mistaken for child avatars just due to our heights, and I regularly run around wearing the kemono avatar now. 

It's all in where you go and how you conduct yourself and your characters persona.

Your avatar doesn't look childlike, yeah it looks youngish but then again, everyone with an m3 yead looks like an anime character. That's the point of it. Those toodledoo or whatever they are baby avatars that I see running around everywhere are what I would consider actual child avatars.

To me, I don't consider someone a 'child avatar' unless their profile says they are or they act like it. 

It's all in how you act. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

Making the kemono look less childlike for males.

After adding a couple mods and really messing with the sliders a lot (including body thickness 100!) i have managed to make the kemono look like this...

Looks far less childlike. But still, I can't help but feel like so much of the issue comes from the M3 anime head. It's disheartening to know that i might be judged by wearing a head that isn't intended for child avatars. Some males like to appear genderless or androgynous, but might run into "age" issues if wanting to go to adult sims...

Its not the shape that makes you look less of a child in that picture... its the skin. More muscle definition makes you look like an adult not a preteen. Your previous skin had ZERO muscle tone. I highly doubt that the RL you, since you say you want your av to be like you, has a perfectly smooth body with no muscle tone. My 13 year old cousin has none though. Ad that to the whole big eye small mouth mesh head and you look like a preteen boy.

Rizelmine12-03.jpg

Ages              12                         15                        17                    15                15

 

Notice anything about the 17 year old? Your first pics look very much like the one on the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

Yes, in an adult sim. She was wearing a Kemono avatar with adult kemono accessories. Her height was no taller than mine (5'5'' or so). She was not displaying any childlike actions (calling anyone mommy) and wasn't carrying around a teddy bear or sucking on a pacifier. Just a regular everyday Kemono.

The banhammer comes out if you're engaging in sexual roleplay and the character you are roleplaying is under eighteen. Linden Lab records all text conversations and holds them for a period of time so they can review them against reports. They may also judge things by screenshots captured by the abuse report. There's no real way they can check avatar height even if they wanted to - it almost certainly isn't a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

The person who got banned ended up seeing my thread here and contacted me. She showed me a picture of what her avatar looked like at the time she got banned.

She said since then however, she added larger breasts to avoid the ban, but it happened regardless. (The Kemono has small breasts by default).

So, the default kemono shape with human skin is now "ageplaying" according to LL? This is ridiculous. Still, I'm glad I changed my avatar to appear less "childlike."

The person who got banned also told me the entire story. Essentially she was in a Futa sim (dickgirl) and was standing talking to her friend, when an angry user decided he didn't like her avatar and reported her to LL for ageplay, thus leading to her banning.

If LL is the type to shoot-first-ask-never then I see how an angry troll could get any Kemono user banned for ageplay. This is a very serious issue as Kemonos are a very popular avatar.

I doubt if an image (the screen shot the reporter would have saved & sent with the AR) of 'two Avas just standing there' would have been all LL looked at.  Things like proximity to  sex poses, chat logs, those kind of things would (should) have come into consideration also.

But I did want to address the 'childlike' thing in case anyone is misunderstanding.

The ageplay policy states, "appearing to involve children or minors ."  Occasionally people think children means prepubescent children.  The policy is not limited to just that.  And the Ava in that picture looks "teenish" to me, i.e, a "minor."

So as irahepti pointed out, adding bumps alone does not make the Ava look "adult."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Aeromia wrote:

I have the same avatar, I've had the m3 head for almost 2 years and combining it with different styles and avatars to no end to create different characters. I've never, ever been banned from a sim or even accused of looking childlike with that head even with her running around with a lollipop in her mouth on several occasions.

It seems that the M3 head alone is not childlike, and the kemono alone isn't either. It's combining the two. The person who got banned had an M3 anime head on top of a kemono with human skin. My avatar is also a kemono body with human skin. The only mods I had for the kemono body were the flast chest. People keep bringing up "proportions proportions" but seem to lack any understanding of how the Kemono (an adult avatar) looks by default. My avatar in the original post made very few changes to the default Kemono structure. (Boy chest mod, 5 inches shorter).

It seems to be not just 1 factor that makes other people assume i'm childish... it's the combination of things. Had I stuck with a furry head instead of M3, then i'm not childlike anymore. Had I used a different body with the M3 anime head, not childish anymore. At the end of the day it's all in the eyes of a viewer.

I've actually been asked by security at a sim to not wear my kemono human mod at an adult sim. ASKED, and i switched out of it. The thing is, this person who got banned? Seemed to have been approached by an angry user and was reported directly to LL, and was banned the next morning. That could have been me, had I not started this thread. I could have been standing there all willy nilly in what half of you think is a "childish" avatar, and some angry user could have come up and reported me, and BAM gone. 

Truthfully the best we can do is play it safe, and try to please as many as possible. I do fear however other Kemono users who might get accused of such things. The Kemono is a great avatar, and a lot of people wear it. I certainly hope we don't see a trend in Kemonos getting banned for mistaken ageplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pictures of me in a "childish" avatar standing next to regular everday Kemono and anime users.

http://gyazo.com/372037fb58494ee78313204fcf10a013

http://gyazo.com/98d3b7b24bf902d0c6322973a6831331

http://gyazo.com/32225ceda03588eec9dc67d9c87a3a5f

http://gyazo.com/213e4c8f550af21435b8d23d684ec02a

http://gyazo.com/ac736220b10d48e62ffd9cd3cb45a132

This is the common height/proportions for 90% of all anime avatars and Kemonos. I'm absolutely positive now that it's all in the eye of the beholder. None of these avatars look different than mine, or the person's who got banned. It is a standard universal appearance that does not condone any ageplay whatsoever. Just the fact that any one of these people can get accused of it and banned the next day is ludicrous. None of these avatars are childlike. They're anime. You can't expect to see a tiny anime head on a big braod human body. None of these people are playing underaged characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea i know the person who got banned, i havent read the whole argument in here but banning someone just cause of a report by someone, is lame.. 
there is no proof really, i dont care if kemonos look like children or whatever, ive seen many wierd things happening in SL afterall..

but banning without a proof is something i which got me filled with rage , i mean before speculating things or accuse someone, you would check logs and stuff,to see if there is a reality in what she is accused for then you would have the rights to be able to ban that person.. and i dont think thats been made when she is banned from SL

and we are talking about an account which contains hundreds of dollars worth items, i dont wish to mention about the effort and time spent to create avis...  she should have rights to be able to defend herself ((and if she is telling the truth (which i believe in her honesty) she doesnt even have to defend herself in this point coz this is all a false accusation)) 

if there is no logs that proofs that she is guilty of being in an ageplay stuff.. then i dont see any guilt at all. And if they cant prove that , they should unban her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...