will AMD Radeon R4 graphics card work with sl?im getting the graphics card compatability message...

BlackRoseWaltz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm afraid not.  Here's how that GPU stacks up against several cards that are commonly used for Second Life:

AMD Radeon 4.png

If you're going to use an AMD/ATI card, it has to be at least

4000 Series:

• 4850, 4870, 4890

5000 Series:

• 5850, 5870, 5970

for reasonable performance.  If you DO manage to log in, expect to set your viewer for LOW graphics quality.

• Like 1

Actually those recommendations on the System Requirements are out of date.  Those graphic cards are no longer made by AMD/ATI.  Of the ones they make now the AMD R5, R7 and R9 series work with SL.  I use the R9 270x and can run ultra high graphics np. My partner has an R7 and can run ultra high too but says he gets less lag with high level graphics.  I don't know how the R5 performs, but it does have the right tech.

The AMD 7700 series will work too, but you won't get the same level of graphics as the R series.

• Like 1

Aaron,

Al the above advise is spot on but to ask a larger question: You seem to have installed Windows 8 on a very old PC. Could you please amend your post to give the additional information?

So we can help your further, please update your question with the following information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

1) The make and model of your PC or Laptop

Please update your question with the requested information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

Thank you...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.