How can I put money into a group?

Xander Freidman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You really can't. Only an individual can own Lindens.

If you are looking to share your money among some friends/associates/alts, you need to look for an "atm". This is an object whereby you can have one avatar retain the money, but all those with "atm cards" can access those funds. We have done this for our club funds, so we can all access the money to pay rent, tip performers, buy more dances, etc.

To put money into a group, and at a location in which I can rez objects, I right-click somewhere, and from the pie menu or "mushroom" select Create, use the wand which appears to left-click the spot I can work undisturbed, and I create a primitive object, naming it "petty cash" and immediately take it back into inventory; I then create a second prim, name it "cash box" and with the editor still open I left-click the Content tab, drag-and-drop the "petty cash" prim from my inventory menu into the empty space below the folder named Contents in the editor -- the area under the two buttons marked "New Script" and "Permissions." The next step is to left-click that same "Permissions" button and set the applicable permissions in the box titled "Bulk change content permissions" then close the Permissions box. Lastly, I left-click the General tab, set the "cash box" prim to the receiving group, in most cases tick the "Share with group" box as well, then of course tick the "For Sale" box, and set the price equal to the amount I choose to invest in the group. Finally, I Deed the "cash box" to the group.  All that is left to do is buy the thing. The money, because the object I am buying from now belongs to the group, is paid to the group. Remember, SL stipends are paid every Tuesday, so purchases for the group must be done weekly, before stipends are paid, or "Group Balances" are divided equally between all members and the "spending power" is gone. Just imagine what some groups are doing with all their Join Fees!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.