Sign in to follow this  
Wolfen Greggan

Transfer L$ from my US$ account back to L$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wolfen Greggan wrote:

I was cashing in some L$ and accidently duplicatd the transfer from my L$ account to the US$ account. Is there any way to get this back to my L$ account?

were these 'sell orders' you are referring to?

as far as i know once the sale is complete there is no way to reverse it

as far i know : as long the amount is on your US balance and not asked for transfer to PP you can simpy buy new L$.

first your balance will get charged if money is there, and after that CC or PP.

I tried buying L$ and it went straight to my PayPal account for the money so I didn't complete it. I read that I can set it to use my US$ account to buy L$ but the only options for payment are credit cards or PayPal.

Wolfen Greggan wrote:

Yeah, i was a sell order. That's what i thought but figured I'd ask just in case there was a way. Thanks for the reply.

You didn't actually say whether or not the sale had been completed andd that the US$ from it are in your US$ account. If the 2nd one hasn't been completed you can cancel it and the L$ (the incompleted part) will go back into your L$ account. If both sales have been completed, the only thing you can do is buy L$. Overall, you will have made a loss, of course.

Just out of interest, you get more US$ for your L$ by setting the price you want for your L$. If you set it to the large number that's for sale, it usually takes not many days for the sale to go through - and it would have avoided this particular problem.

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah, Phil, it did go through and the money is in my US$ account. I'll see if there's a way to use it to pay my tiers rather than take a loss at the Linden exchange.

Wolfen Greggan wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah, Phil, it did go through and the money is in my US$ account. I'll see if there's a way to use it to pay my tiers rather than take a loss at the Linden exchange.

According to the Knowledge Base:

"All charges are deducted from your U.S. Dollars (USD) balance first, and then from your credit card or PayPal account if your USD balance is insufficient. When initiating a transaction, you may choose to bypass your USD balance and send the full charge to your payment method by clicking "DO NOT USE".

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.1.2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.