Sign in to follow this  
TheeRegisteredNurse

Buying account names

The reason for the cost is that the program was designed for organizations such as RL companies, charities or universities coming into SL.  One fee covers the applicant plus all their staff who can share the same Last Name. 

The last name chosen has to be related to the organization.  Unless you are a RL celebrity or famous for something, and want your SL name to be your RL name, individuals are not eligible for this program.

Pamela Galli wrote:

TheeRegisteredNurse wrote:

My God! $500???? What the hell??? 

More like $1000.

Yes, it is stated:

"Upon creation of a custom surname, the account designated as owner will be billed a US$500 setup fee plus the first annual US$500 fee. On each anniversary date, the owner will be billed US$500 to retain custom surname ownership."

So, upon creation the fee is US$500 + US$500 = US$1000.

And from then on US$500 fee every year to keep the name active.

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

I think that's why for example, Yoko Ono is 'really' Yoko Ono'.  If she's still in SL that is, but the RL Yoko Ono actually had the name.  

Funny, in a way. I suppose if there's a Yoko Ono in SL she might be also Yoko Ono in RL, but how much would that matter?

You're Treasure Ballinger. I know who Treasure Ballinger is. And Pamela, and Amethyst, and Coby. I don't really know Malarwen yet, but I imagine I probably will, in time.

We are each of us ourselves. In here we all recognize each other by the names we have, but it's our selves that matters, not our names.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

it's our
selves
that matters, not our names.

I've been called "Mad" by people who didn't know that was my name.

;-).

There are always exceptions.

I shouldn't have said that. Now you'll be thinking you're exceptional. Sorry, Snugs.

Usually celebrities from RL who have the same name in SL do it because they are coming in for a concert , event of some sort.

There are RL celebrities in SL that use different names because they just want to have a second life without being mobbed by people.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

it's our
selves

;-).

I shouldn't have said that. Now you'll be thinking you're exceptional. Sorry, Snugs.

By "exceptional" do you mean "one who takes exception"?

Snugs McMasters wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

it's our
selves

;-).

that be a exceptionee. One who takes a exception

if give a exception then you be the exceptionor

is same like afencee and affencor. Them what take and give a fence

jejejje (:

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

It doesn't 'matter'.   But...... it's the topic of this thread..... right?  One of the possibilities being, celebrities in RL paying LL for use of their RL names in SL?

You're riight, it would matter to a celebrity, or at least most of them. Famous names are a commodity, it seems. and that would explain the fees involved in 'owning' one in Second Life.

I only meant to say that names here (not just here on this Forum but in SL itself) are only names.

irihapeti wrote:

Snugs McMasters wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

it's our
selves

;-).

jejejje (:

I was thinking along the lines of "oppositional" as "one who takes the opposing view". That would describe Maddy to a T.

With respect to fences, Maddy would be a climber, scaler or jumper.

Snugs McMasters wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Snugs McMasters wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

it's our
selves

;-).

jejejje (:

I was thinking along the lines of "oppositional" as "one who takes the opposing view". That would describe Maddy to a T.

With respect to fences, Maddy would be a climber, scaler or jumper.

you mean like a oppositionee ??

ps. yes is best to wear a jumper when climbing and scale high fences. Can be a bit windy and chilly way up there. And a woolly hat. To keep your ears warm (:

irihapeti wrote:

ps. yes is best to wear a jumper when climbing and scale high fences. Can be a bit windy and chilly way up there. And a woolly hat. To keep your ears warm (:

I think they've actually put a name on what I'm sure our parents thought afflicted Maddy, "Oppositional Defiant Disorder". She'll argue she had a mild case of it.

Shortly prior to getting married, Maddy's then fiance (now ex-husband) gifted her a black negligee with a foo-foo fuzzy hemline "to keep her neck warm".

Snugs McMasters wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

I think they've actually put a name on what I'm sure our parents thought afflicted Maddy, "Oppositional Defiant Disorder". She'll argue she had a mild case of it.

Shortly prior to getting married, Maddy's then fiance (now ex-husband) gifted her a black negligee with a foo-foo fuzzy hemline "to keep her neck warm".

if get a full body alpha then you be ok. like you just be a head: dx (:

also get a big invisiprim cylinder follower for him. So when he gets nekkid then he cant see himself. And he goes: waaahh! I cant see myself !!.

and you go: me neither! oh! well !! I leave you to it ok. I am go shopping for some hair for my head (: