Changing personal data, its possible?

Kitsune Shan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Some days ago, a friend lost her account. Someone enter in her account and change the password.

She submited a  ticket and blah blah.. she calls to LL via telephone and they asked her birth of date, the one that she provided in the first time registration (not the original one used for age verification O.o). I remember, in these days, we usually don't provide original info at the beginning (its a common sense to: not provide personal info on Internet in everywhere). The fact its that they want that date, and she cant remember what she wrote. Now I'm scary, what if that happen to me? I'm in SL since the beginning of 2007, I don't remember if I used real data or not, but I did in age verification of course.

Why aren't those data overwritten by the ones VERIFIED as original? How I can access to those data? How I can make a correction on it?

Isn't in the account page and in any place. Suggestions?

12 answers to this question

Kitsune Shan wrote:

Some days ago, a friend lost her account. Someone enter in her account and change the password.

She submited a  ticket and blah blah.. she calls to LL via telephone and they asked her birth of date, the one that she provided in the first time registration (not the original one used for age verification o.O). I remember, in these days, we usually don't provide original info at the beginning (its a common sense to: not provide personal info on Internet in everywhere). The fact its that they want that date, and she cant remember what she wrote. Now I'm scary, what if that happen to me? I'm in SL since the beginning of 2007, I don't remember if I used real data or not, but I did in age verification of course.

Why aren't those data overwritten by the ones VERIFIED as original? How I can access to those data? How I can make a correction on it?

Isn't in the account page and in any place. Suggestions?

Age verification is handled by a third party company,  Aristotle, not Linden Lab so the information is not cross-referenced with the information held by Linden Lab from your initial signing up. All Linden Lab wants to know is that you are 18 + to give you age verified status.

To change account details, as Irene said.

Nyll

• Like 1

That's why it states in the TOS that you have to make an account with true and accurate info. It's not because they want to snoop into your personal life or sell your data. They just need something to go by when people do stupid things like share passwords or computers. They need something to establish that you are the person who actually made the account. Can you really expect them to just take it on your say so that it's your account when you didn't even trust them enough to give them a real name and birthdate when you made it?

I know it's common practice to use fake info. They know that too. So use fake info if you like, just be ready to remember your fake info if the situation arises. If you can't, then you are just screwing yourself.

As far as age verification goes nothing you enter on that page is recorded. Aristotle doesn't keep it and Linden Lab never sees it. They just get a "yes" or "no" when you verify and the info you entered to verify is not saved.

1 year ago I changed my real data filling a support ticket (usually I don't give my real data when I sign in a unknown web site). But the system of tickets has changed.

Kitsune Shan wrote:

I jsut can wait for that, but Im sure that should be a way to change that since its not legal not allow the users to access their data and change it.

Totally agree. As you say below that is a right of any user in  SL and in any register form. But I'm not sure if LL is "legal" in this question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.