Again... how can I sell something in the Marketplace?

Flannery Salvadori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, so I'm up to the step where I add my product to the Magic Box. Now how do I a) get it on the site and b) make a listing?

I think my question was misunderstood last time, haha, so sorry but I need to ask again.

Also, when it says the box needs to remain in world, does that mean it can be in my inventory or does it actually have to stay out?

2 answers to this question

The box needs to remain rezzed somewhere in-world. This may well change in the not-too-distant future though, as they are looking to replace the magic boxes with a system that will just use our inventories.

Anyway, to list your items you need to do the following:

- Go to the new marketplace.

- Click 'My Marketplace' from the black bar at the top (when logged in)

- Choose 'Merchant Home'

- Choose 'Manage Inventory' from the menu on the left

- Now click the button to the right that says "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes'

- Wait a couple of minutes, then refresh the page.

All items in your magic box should now have a corresponding entry there in your inventory page. You should have a 'Create' option nest to new items to create the listing for it.

Note - if you haven't already created a store I think you get a 'create store' link. Once you have done that the 'Merchant Home' option will appear.

There's also lots of helpful info on the Wiki here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Marketplace/Selling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.