Sign in to follow this  
Aphrenity

Relationships in a game are pointless!

Davlos Karsin wrote:

My extensive
rolodex
 within and outside of SL indicates otherwise. Welcome to The Red Pill.

Did you not understand "My anecdotal evidence trumps your every time"?

Davlos Karsin wrote:

My extensive
rolodex
 within and outside of SL indicates otherwise. Welcome to The Red Pill.

Rolodex?

As for the Red Pill: don't take it, kiddo. It's supposed to reveal the truth and you don't wanna know the truth.

The truth is most people would have to think (based on your statements here and in other threads), that you are to a man as a poptart is to a fresh Danish pastry.

You'll be much better off going on with your illusions intact.

You really have a lot to learn about women and life in general if you actually believe what you wrote. Women aren't interested in the guy that treats them right. They're interested in the guy that treats them wrong so that they can try to change him. What am I using to justify this? Something called REALITY. I could pick up a stone and throw it and probably hit 20 women that are inlove with a man that could care less about them.

On to the other notes...

I got the respones I expected. Mainly from women and mangina's defending female bullsh*t. Some even trying to derail the thread with their bs in attempts to go off topic. Yet the same women kept comming back just to post comment after comment. You see this in itself is the perfect example. These women knew they disliked the truth in my post yet they kept comming back to it. This is how women are and they use those same decisions making skills in their relationships. Women crave drama and if they can't have it they'll create it themselves. This is why Mr.Nice guy, Mr. Do Right, and Mr. Good guy right up there with Mr.Perfect are never on a woman's romance list. Mr.pieceofsh*t  and Mr.Treatyouwrong is though. The only thing missing from this post is the real life age of these so called women comming to defend thier bs. An older woman whose close to 30 or over has already learned her lessons the hardway and has entered her "second life" in reality where she's now the "good woman" looking for a "good man" a younger woman would still just be in denial. If you're a female and you're denying anything I've said in this thread you're full of sh*t. I just want to lay that down for you because society tells a different story.

Secondlife is no different. People come into this world bringing their same screwed up RL personalities only that in this game it's amplified because there are less social rules and judgements to hold people back. You have all these women looking for love in a game where they're married or dating outside of it yet want to bring their hearts into this game like they don't already have a spouse of s/o. You also have single women that strike out in the real world but come online to a place like SL to capture some single man that's not looking for the love you're trying to force on him because he knows you're not worth it and there's a reason why men reject you in the real world.

SL is a place for people to hide their flaws and bullsh*t you into thinking their someone else. Then all of a sudden one day  here comes crazy and there they are crazy as sh*t trying to lock you down into a relationship. Any woman that logs into this game expecting another person to remain glued to them indefenitely is nuts. You're not even glued to your RL spouse of boyfriend thus why you're online trying to have what is basically an online affair with another person (I'm sorry that's when SL is just a game so it's innocent). So here you are already cheating on reality expected to lock down a man in a game when you're not even locking down your realworld relationship. I laugh my ass off at you women in this game.

and I'm going to go off topic just a little bit here but it needs to be said. You women wonder why your rl man doesn't love you the way you think he should. You're in the game looking for love because you're not getting that satisfaction outside of it... you know I wonder why. You sit your ass down on a computer all day, you let yourself go, you don't keep yourself looking good, you slack on upkeep, and you expect this same man to look at you and have the same passion for you? Give me a break. He's probably glad you're on the computer with "JoJo2609#1a Resident" living in your fantasy world so he doesn't have to be bothered with you. Maybe if you got your ass up off the computer. Started excerising, putting on your make up right, wearing some clothes that actually make a man want to look at you you're husband/bf/or John from apartment 6-A might actually take notice of you and give you the loving you ain't been getting and you wouldn't need "JoJo2609#1a Resident" to fulfill in your virtual world. You know.. just a thought.

You know here's a another  good thought for you. A man talks about women and calls them out on their behavior and the village tries to tar and feather him. A woman talks about men and their behavior and the village cries on her shoulder and gives her a feel better award. Case in point no one judges a woman for her actions but a man is to take all the blame as he's solely the problem. It's wrong for me to point out the many screwed up things women do albiet in this game called SL but if a woman were to make the same post about men she'd have a pitty party with plenty of other women patting her on the back sharing stories and mangina's galore giving her the white knight support out the castle. It's really is quite funny.  You can hate me or bash me for telling the truth I don't give care. The truth is the damn truth and I see it every time I long into this game or walk around in world outside of it. You people don't see it because you're either antisocial or in denial yourselves.

Aphrenity wrote:

You really have a lot to learn about women and life in general if you actually believe what you wrote. Women aren't interested in the guy that treats them right. They're interested in the guy that treats them wrong so that they can try to change him. What am I using to justify this? Something called REALITY. I could pick up a stone and throw it and probably hit 20 women that are inlove with a man that could care less about them.

I am a woman in RL and SL.  I have always paid my own way and my share of any bills with my own money.  I don't look to a man to support me and don't love a man for that reason.  Nor will I tolerate the kind of behavior you talking about from a man.  I have a man that treats me with respect and as an equal parntner.  I know plenty of women that are the same way. 

You should hang out in places that are not full of gold diggers and emotionally damaged women if that has been your sole experience.  But maybe you can't attract a good woman with your attitude and that is why all you get are women wanting something from you.

I still can't avoid the impression, that you have been hurt here in this virtual world by one or two women and now you are projecting your entire frustration on women in general. I am really sorry, that you're still suffering.

But....

You're bandying negative stereotypes around you, then you're complaining the reactions and you don't even realize that you're actually talking  about yourself:

Why are you disappointed of the women here? What were you looking for? What were your intentions/desires?

What do you do in this virtual world?

Why don't YOU look for a woman in rl?

To these questions you once should answer.

But the main point is, that you don't want to hear and read anything in any way, what others are thinking about it. You believe, that you alone have understood the women.

But I have to disappoint you very much:

You don't understand women at all. You've selected a group within the women and take them again and again as an example.

There are also women in sl, who do not look for the "great happiness" to have a pixel friend/husband,
there are women who don't want a sl-relationship.

There are women, who are here just for the fun, or for the fashion. There are women, who are building, scripting here, running a business. Making art, or just enjoying all these things. There are women, who like to chat, just like this.

There are women who are single and looking good, but maybe they live in a country where it is difficult for educated women to find a man, even if they look good and have no complexes or problems. This still does not mean, that they need a virtual surrogate for it.

There are women, who do't want virtual babies.

There are also women, who do not cheat on their partners.

There are also women, who do this (and other bad things you've mentioned).

There are beautiful, ugly, stupid, smart, small, large, thick, thin, mean, good-hearted, old, and young women. All varieties and no stereotypes ... just as it is with the men. And I am very happy, that we're not all the same, but unique by having a very individual personality, each of us.

I am also happy, that there are besides you,

the funny guys here,
the serious guys,
the shy guys,
the intellectual guys,
the "cool" guys (and yes, what would be sl without these "long haired"-, "don't touch my family"-, "I am the coolest"-, "all women are b*tches, only Mum is the best"-guys? - They are a part of it),
and the romantic guys etc.

As I told you, your hate does not and will not affect me. I wish, one day, you will forget your pain. This life is too short and too beautiful to remain in such an emotional state as you are now.

ETA: sorry not a reply to Ardvinna, a general reply, hit the wrong reply button :)

Of course there are women exactly as you described, just as there are men exactly as you described. That is called life. There are as many of equal proportions in both worlds, virtual, and real. The proportions may seemed skewed to someone who has, repeatedly, run into the type of person they greatly dislike. There are as many women scorn by men who act like assholes as there are men who are scorned by women who act like bitches. Again, that is life, it is the truth, and denying it does absolutely no one any good.

Neither representation, positive or negative, of either gender, makes up the whole or majority all by itself. The world needs all types, even if you may not approve or like them, the world still needs both positive and negative to evolve.

Most people will experience both positive and negative in the opposite gender numerous times in their lives. Typically it takes at least one really bad experience for someone to truly figure out what they want in life, virtual or otherwise. The folks who figure out what they want, and find it, in just one positive experience are a minority in real life, and a minority in virtual life as well. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but they are definitely a minority. Bad experiences often help guide us to more positive ones.

Anyone that can deny women AND men, act the ways you described, is absolutely lying. The only part of your argument you seem to be ignoring is that men can be just as bad as women. Your focus is primarily on women, since that is what you are, or at least were at one point, seeking. So, of course the men who act this way have no impact on your life. You cannot also deny that men are as bad as women in this right, or you'll be just as guilty of all the women you are accusing of lying, however. It's not defending women to say that men can be assholes too, it's just the truth. I, personally, judge men and women equally on the relationship front. Both genders are equally guilty of every negative thing you've pointed out, they're also equally guilty of the exact opposite. That's not exactly new science.

Perfection is not a human trait, regardless of one's gender, it's not even possible. No one should be looking for perfection, if they truly want to be happy. 

Ok..since I've already been dubbed a "mangina", it can't hurt me any to continue posting.

This thread has gone from making a rash generalization about women in SL to a flat out attack on women in general.

You women wonder why your rl man doesn't love you the way you think he should...You sit your ass down on a computer all day, you let yourself go, you don't keep yourself looking good, you slack on upkeep, and you expect this same man to look at you and have the same passion for you? Give me a break. He's probably glad you're on the computer with "JoJo2609#1a Resident" living in your fantasy world so he doesn't have to be bothered with you. Maybe if you got your ass up off the computer. Started excerising, putting on your make up right, wearing some clothes that actually make a man want to look at you you're husband/bf/or John from apartment 6-A might actually take notice of you and give you the loving you ain't been getting and you wouldn't need "JoJo2609#1a Resident" to fulfill in your virtual world. 

Come on. Really? Is that necessary? Seems to me that you have a vendetta against all women. 

And...

You know here's a another  good thought for you. A man talks about women and calls them out on their behavior and the village tries to tar and feather him. A woman talks about men and their behavior and the village cries on her shoulder and gives her a feel better award.

THIS is true. Women will gain more sympathy then men when it comes to bad relationships, but you're honestly not helping your situation going on these giant rants about how horrible women are.

You people don't see it because you're either antisocial or in denial yourselves.

Stop attacking...start listening. We have all agreed that there are people like this in SL, both men and women. Not everyone..but there are a good number of them. But you can't seem to get that through your thick skull!

A few points:

1. If you have to say you're a good guy then you're not a good guy. Simple as. How many cool lads do you know that go around saying 'I'm a cool guy!'. Yeah? Yeah.

2. You say you're wasting your time on these women. I'm sure thinking that listening to their problems is a waste of time really reassures them that you're a 'good guy'. 

3. You're doing it for your own needs. I want, I deserve, etc. If you were a 'nice guy' you'd console them out of the goodness of you heart, not to get into their virtual knickers. 

4. You can't get a SL girlfriend. Cry my a flipping river. Absolute end of the world right there, amIright?

You give mankind a bad name, bro. Women are people like you and me. They're not commodities to be won. You don't pop in kindness tokens and sex falls out. I'd give you some tips on how to build trust and respect with a lady but quite frankly I wouldn't let you within a mile of any woman I knew. 

I have been partnered to the same woman in SL for nine years. I love her dearly and cannot imagine life without her.

We have done the mutual-support thing, but mainly its a case of having found my soulmate - someone who captivates both my Brain and my heart.

Some people DO have unrealistic expectations, but some of us don't :-)

Oh man this is so good! I won't even lie I laughed so hard at this because IT'S TRUE! However I will say men are just as bad here. How you know you get the random message which is completely unoriginal they want your attention, ninja add you, and the second another piece of ass walks by and BAM he's done talking to you. I love it when it's an especially BADLY done avatar he tries to jump on like it's the last call in the buffet line.  

I've been ninja added many times and they lose it when you take them off your friends list. Look bub im not here to make your stupid numbers on your friends list. I get an "LOL" or this long winded paragraph about "you're so mean". Why because you want me to chase your butt around like some desperate females do? Yet they make NO effort to talk to you. NOT HAPPENING. 

Also don't you just love how people keep their status "offline" so they can sneak around on their partners? I think that's so funny! Oh god he/she is on gotta go offline so I can hang out in places I don't want them to know about. I mean seriously? Not that youre THAT interesting in the first place. And why do people take SL so seriously? Like oh youre going to be in SO MUCH TROUBLE if someone finds out your an e-slur or a e-mangina. 

Listen don't come to SL looking for a relationship. In my years of gaming (yes I know this isn't a game cry me a river it's virtual reality for you snoots) meeting people on a game/VR is probably the worst thing you could do. Seeing there are catfish, liars, people still living in their mom's basement. I see some of you plugging the ol' "Omg met my fiance on here". Wow good for you....*golf clap*  yeah see how long that lasts :)

Be realistic......

I do admit that I find it unlikely that relationships can jump from SL into RL with any reasonable chance of success. I'm happy with my relationship in SL, but our ground-rules were always to keep the relationship in SL. Living in different countries, SL is more practical.