Jump to content

Relationships in a game are pointless!


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Yeah Madalaine it's me. It's just me and me alone. Just like there's no perversions in SL it's just me that keeps running into half naked people no matter what area I'm in. It's just me. Matter of fact no one in this game has a profile crying about a broken heart, has made a post on this thread about being cheated on or dumped or alted, no one has ever been in a dramatic relationship, and no one has ever cried on a st rangers shoulder dumping thier problems on them about their failed relationships, it's just me and only me none of that has ever happened to anyone in this game or on these forums it's just me. Could some programmer from Linden Labs please help me? My game is apparantly broken because 9/10 people seem to have that issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

"All the scenario's you describe wouldn't happen unless you let them!"

Yeah right. all these scenarios wouldn't happen unless I let them? Tell me what I have to do with what someone else does with someone else in their free time or how I'm responsible for someone elses screwed up mind that was already screwed up before they even said hello?

 

So do you want to place that bet about your SL relationship or not? When your partner box is empty don't for get to PM me with my winnings babe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well Monti you're about the coolest person here. I will say that women look for bad boys to turn them into good guys and it fails horribly in the game. What they do have in reality is a probably the decent husband or decent boyfriend at home who probably works his butt off 9-5 provided for some woman that would rather spend her time and engergy in a ficticious online relationship with some guy she has an emotional attatchment too than the man that's with her in reality. The real question is why is she looking for a relationship in a game when she already has one in real life? I don't go looking for restaurantes to eat at when I'm full. Perhaps these women aren't in these amazing relationships they pretend to be so they turn to a game to get what they're not getting outside of it except they bring their drama with them. Just some food for thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm a troll for realizing that people have some serious issues in this game and pointing it out. Typical female logic. If I disagree with the truth I must be getting trolled. Maybe you should log in to SL sometime and stop pretending.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know...

 

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a general post not aimed at anyone other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

Do you know why that is? Because I'm telling the truth and there's nothing that people hate more than the truth. They read my innoccent little thread and they see themselves in it. The go immediately into defense mode like "Look! We gotta stop this guy! This is too much! He can't be doing this!" You know what the truth hurts and this is the truth so deal with it! If you see yourself in my post than maybe you have more issues than you think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahhaha...opposite you, I have some info in my profile about who I am.

So you want to know who I am, without telling a single tiny little small thing about yourself in your own profile?..One day old?

Have fun Aphrenity - I regret I ever wrote these replies in your thread...but I really thought you were a serious man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calm yourself, brother.

Relax. Take a deep breath. And listen: Yes, relationships can be very crazy in SL..I think the main issue is that there are so many different perceptions of what SL is. For you it's a game, for others it may be more. We all come in seeking different things.

I do agree with you on certain things...some women can send you running with all the crying and moods and clinging, BUT all are not like this. You have to find a female who has the same perception of SL as you do. The same expectations.

This is in NO WAY an easy task. But if you're determined to find the right lady you will be patient and continue searching. Try dating panels or avmach where you can interact with them before ever meeting them face to face. It may be an effective way to screen out the loons.

Don't allow these past negative experiences to change you. There are too few of  us 'good guys' left.

And what I've found helps a lot is DO NOT tolerate something that you find agonizing. SPEAK UP.

If a woman starts going on and on about her ex and you don't like this just say so. If she starts throwing a crazy tantrum - stop it right there and then! Relationships should be based honesty, not suffering in silence.

Also, you're the man here...TAKE CHARGE. And this doesn't mean being abusive or going on wild rants. You have the ability to guide a situation without even raising your voice.  But you can only do so much. So if your lady doesn't respond well to your requests after several tries ...then perhaps it's time to move on. Don't allow anyone to get you to this insane point again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, slap me and call me Sally...I totally shoud have known better than to feed a troll.

But I still have a few snacks left in my pocket so I'll keep going.

Tex you're being a Mangina please find the balls some woman ripped from you before replying to my post. All you do is white knight everything women say here and make excuses for their messed up behavior. You need a testosterone booster to replace all the estrogen you've built up over the years from kissing womens toes. I don't expect you to do anything other than defend women that don't even see you as a man.

Very mature...thank you. You're not helping to prove your point or your "good guy" persona with those kind of remarks. Not that I can't take it, I've been called worse....

Now, I'm not saying your a bad guy I'm just saying you're trying to tackle another man for pointing out the truth. Don't knock a fellow man for ever telling the truth.

Thanks...I don't think I'm a bad guy either.

It is true. I'm not denying that. These women exist throughout the grid. I know a good many of them. What I object to is that you are making a broad generalization of all the women in SL. Whatever places you're hanging out at apparently attracts these types of women.

To continue:

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a general post not aimed at anyone other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

But according to you, it is aimed at everyone and you did offend them. You say that all women in SL act this way and all women in SL are one of the three catagories that you described earlier. And the ladies here defended themselves against your response. You can't expect to make a comment like that and have everyone say "Oh yeah...damn, he's right. I'm obviously #1 or #3"  It's as if they said, "All men in SL are arrogant obnoxious a**holes." You, Mr. Goodguy, should be the first to stand up and say it's not true, right?

Anyway..I'm out of snacks. If you want to keep going, let me know. I have to go buy some more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you ever considered that, by taking on the roll of Mr. GoodGuy, you may have inadvertently placed yourself in a position which some women might perceive as that of your being a doormat?  And, if so, are they wrong for walking all over you?  I'd say they are.  But, if this is the case and since you haven't the power to change the way they behave, it would probably do you better to concentrate more on your own behavior, rather than place the entire blame for your frustration on that which you cannot control.

...Dres

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Tex Monday wrote:

Well, slap me and call me Sally.

You're not helping to prove your point.

Well Sally (she says while swatting your bum), this wouldn't be the first time someone proved a point other than their intended.

When trying to drive home a point...

  1. Look at it.
  2. Look at your thumb.
  3. Mind where you swing your hammer.

;-).

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Aphrenity wrote:

You know...

 

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a
general post not aimed at anyone
other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

Do you know why that is? Because I'm telling the truth and there's nothing that people hate more than the truth. They read my innoccent little thread and they see themselves in it. The go immediately into defense mode like "Look! We gotta stop this guy! This is too much! He can't be doing this!" You know what the truth hurts and this is the truth so deal with it! If you see yourself in my post than maybe you have more issues than you think.

In his OP, Aprehenity wrote:

"That’s right women don’t want the good guy they want the guy that brings in the drama. They want that guy that cheats on them, they want the guy they can’t turn their back on before he’s off flirting with another girl, they want that guy that’s a pervert, they want that guy that sneaks behind their backs on alts. That’s the guy that they want! You know how I know? Huh! Do you! You want to know how I know? Because that’s the guy that every woman in this game has been dumped by. "

Nope. You called out a very specific group of people. 'Every woman in this game [sic]' is aiming at every woman in this game.

ps: I do love it when trolls call their stuff "The Truth!".  You're exceeding expectations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Aphrenity wrote:

You know...

 

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a
general post not aimed at anyone
other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

Do you know why that is? Because I'm telling the truth and there's nothing that people hate more than the truth. They read my innoccent little thread and they see themselves in it. The go immediately into defense mode like "Look! We gotta stop this guy! This is too much! He can't be doing this!" You know what the truth hurts and this is the truth so deal with it! If you see yourself in my post than maybe you have more issues than you think.

In his OP, Aprehenity wrote:

"That’s right women don’t want the good guy they want the guy that brings in the drama. They want that guy that cheats on them, they want the guy they can’t turn their back on before he’s off flirting with another girl, they want that guy that’s a pervert, they want that guy that sneaks behind their backs on alts. That’s the guy that they want! You know how I know? Huh! Do you! You want to know how I know? Because that’s the guy that
every woman in this game
has been dumped by. "

Nope. You called out a very specific group of people. 'Every woman in this game [sic]' is aiming at every woman in this game.

ps: I do love it when trolls call their stuff "The Truth!".  You're exceeding expectations.

You know what a stickler I am for logic. In the past, I've called out people (in both SL and RL) for making such nonsensical claims. The response is sometimes an empassioned "You know what I mean, Maddy!", which is equally ridiculous.

And that's when I wonder if people really do think I know what they mean. Is it possible that they don't quite grasp that human brains have a mind of their own? That could explain the exasperation they feel when one or more of those brains exhibits undesireable behavior.

For as much as I'd love to live in the World According to Maddy, it's just too much work to get all of you in line.

Not that I haven't tried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Aphrenity wrote:

You know...

 

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a
general post not aimed at anyone
other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

Do you know why that is? Because I'm telling the truth and there's nothing that people hate more than the truth. They read my innoccent little thread and they see themselves in it. The go immediately into defense mode like "Look! We gotta stop this guy! This is too much! He can't be doing this!" You know what the truth hurts and this is the truth so deal with it! If you see yourself in my post than maybe you have more issues than you think.

In his OP, Aprehenity wrote:

"That’s right women don’t want the good guy they want the guy that brings in the drama. They want that guy that cheats on them, they want the guy they can’t turn their back on before he’s off flirting with another girl, they want that guy that’s a pervert, they want that guy that sneaks behind their backs on alts. That’s the guy that they want! You know how I know? Huh! Do you! You want to know how I know? Because that’s the guy that
every woman in this game
has been dumped by. "

Nope. You called out a very specific group of people. 'Every woman in this game [sic]' is aiming at every woman in this game.

ps: I do love it when trolls call their stuff "The Truth!".  You're exceeding expectations.

You know what a stickler I am for logic.....

One second.

I was taught that Earth Females are never logical.

But that they are always correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

No, no...and  more no! WHY should anyone in SL  meet anyone else  face to face? SL is NOT a dating service! The chance of meeting IRL  is not a must, and actually for (sadly, less and less people nowadays) It's something that doesn't enter our plans, or to be more precise, we flatly refuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Aphrenity wrote:

You know...

 

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a
general post not aimed at anyone
other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

Do you know why that is? Because I'm telling the truth and there's nothing that people hate more than the truth. They read my innoccent little thread and they see themselves in it. The go immediately into defense mode like "Look! We gotta stop this guy! This is too much! He can't be doing this!" You know what the truth hurts and this is the truth so deal with it! If you see yourself in my post than maybe you have more issues than you think.

In his OP, Aprehenity wrote:

"That’s right women don’t want the good guy they want the guy that brings in the drama. They want that guy that cheats on them, they want the guy they can’t turn their back on before he’s off flirting with another girl, they want that guy that’s a pervert, they want that guy that sneaks behind their backs on alts. That’s the guy that they want! You know how I know? Huh! Do you! You want to know how I know? Because that’s the guy that
every woman in this game
has been dumped by. "

Nope. You called out a very specific group of people. 'Every woman in this game [sic]' is aiming at every woman in this game.

ps: I do love it when trolls call their stuff "The Truth!".  You're exceeding expectations.

You know what a stickler I am for logic.

 

Is that anything like the 'female logic' I was told I was using earlier, in this post: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Lifestyles-and-Relationships/Relationships-in-a-game-are-pointless/m-p/2836128/highlight/true#M31489 ?

The force must be strong in me today ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Madelaine McMasters wrote:

For as much as I'd love to live in the World According to Maddy, it's just too much work to get all of you in line.

Not that I haven't tried.

Are we to garner from this statement that inviting people over to have their sins removed by incineration wasn't quite as effective as that for which you had hoped?

...Dres

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Madelaine McMasters wrote:


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Aphrenity wrote:

You know...

 

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a
general post not aimed at anyone
other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

Do you know why that is? Because I'm telling the truth and there's nothing that people hate more than the truth. They read my innoccent little thread and they see themselves in it. The go immediately into defense mode like "Look! We gotta stop this guy! This is too much! He can't be doing this!" You know what the truth hurts and this is the truth so deal with it! If you see yourself in my post than maybe you have more issues than you think.

In his OP, Aprehenity wrote:

"That’s right women don’t want the good guy they want the guy that brings in the drama. They want that guy that cheats on them, they want the guy they can’t turn their back on before he’s off flirting with another girl, they want that guy that’s a pervert, they want that guy that sneaks behind their backs on alts. That’s the guy that they want! You know how I know? Huh! Do you! You want to know how I know? Because that’s the guy that
every woman in this game
has been dumped by. "

Nope. You called out a very specific group of people. 'Every woman in this game [sic]' is aiming at every woman in this game.

ps: I do love it when trolls call their stuff "The Truth!".  You're exceeding expectations.

You know what a stickler I am for logic.....

One second.

I was taught that Earth Females are never logical.

But that they are always correct.

And I was taught that Martians were cute and harmless. It seems both planetary education systems need work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't mention RL. I meant face to face in SL.

The service AVMATCH allows you to make a profile and interact with SL singles without giving your avatar name. It's only when you decide that you really like someone that you can exchange avatar names and connect with each other face to face INWORLD.

Before that all interaction is done on the website. A great screening tool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...