Jump to content

Relationships in a game are pointless!


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

wooo !!! your roleplay is pretty good. Almost believable for reals. you so good

what sim you play on ??? Can you level up to wife beater in that game. Like do you get a tee-shirt off the game when you do ? or do you have to bring ur own ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for everything you’ve written (and are probably to write still), it’s been... entertaining; much too obvious for me to buy it and engage in the pretended issue, but I will surely follow this thread as it progresses.

 

If I may make a suggestion for your next attempt, though: most people with an actual grievance about this (or, for that matter, about almost any other issue), hardly ever write that articulately even if they are literate... realistic rambling is much more unfocused than that, being the projection of a confused mind; for sure you made it actually easier to read despite the length, and there are a few good, almost believable touches here and there like the “RE-DIC-U-LOUS!” bit, but I don’t think you hit the sweet spot yet; and of course, using a 0-day alt doesn’t help verisimilitude; next time try one with... oh, I’d say a couple weeks, if you’re in mainly for the “bleh, you’re too new to know what you’re talking about’ reaction, or else one approaching a year if you prefer to focus mostly on emotional responses to the actual contents of the rant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok you are describing relationships between people. There are so many variables! "Cheaters," people who are married or in serious relationships rl that then look for virtual ones ( to stay virtual or take rl) are one type. Then rl single people who are looking for virtual relationships to keep virtual or to take rl... Then you have people who lie about what they are in real life, sex, age, looks etc... then others that don't lie... share rl pics etc.

So it's pretty hard to make a post that makes any sense when you assume all these differences don't exist. One thing is clear though. There's only one type that will work long term. Two people who are single rl and don't lie about their sex or age or looks rl. Every other "type" will end in emotional pain and troubles!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a sec, didnt your mother ever teach you anything?

 

Old phases "Treat them mean, keep them keen" and "don't be a doormat"

 

The good guy never wins, you should know this but, on your way back from the shop, be a chump and pick up some more popcorn please, I ran out reading this thread. :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I beg to differ that there is no longevity to relationships in SL.  I've been in one for years and know lots of people that have them.  A number of them have gone RL and married had kids and are very happy.  All of them have one thing in common.  They believe there are RL people with RL emotions behind the pixels and treat each other accordingly.

Your original post and succeeding ones tell me a lot about you.  It tells me you are a human being, but still a boy.  You'll never have a long term SL relationship because you are too immature, have a short attention span, get bored too easily and you are unwilling to bring anything to the table but your pixels.  As I said before you best bet is to find a role player to play your gf to your specifications until she gets bored with you.

But wait, since it's just a game and you think all women are mental cases, why bother with other women at all?  Make an alt the female of your dreams.  Then you can date her, bump pixels and have a long term relationship because she'll think exactly like you do and there will be no messy emotions to deal with, unless you get bored with yourself. :smileyvery-happy:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear all women (especially emotional land minds),

It's come to my attention that men (#NotAllMen? #MostlySomeMen? #MaybeJustOneMan?) are completely incapable of partner selection. Clearly what is happening is these poor put-upon guys are just trying their hardest to find insertion holes that don't complain or have emotional histories, and we as a gender are not living up to their expectations. Please stop being so damned complicated, or we'll deplete our last reserves of GoodGuys. Even the BestGuys are apparently only half a step away from becoming EvilGuys due to vaginal attrition and their own insurmountable frustration.

I'm sure you'll agree, we need these GoodGuys - these paragons of virtue who only seek to enrich our lives with passive-aggression, victim-blaming, poor spelling and turning reality (and now virtual reality) into a zero-sum game. It's not their fault -  they're conditioned to want a fairytale ending and a wife who'll give it up on the reg. In fact, I have it on reasonable authority that women are solely to blame for the failure of GoodGuys to secure the quiet and uncomplicated, beautiful in both lives, smart sexy cute unicorn that they deserve. They deserve the best of our gender simply because they get it! They understand! They barely ever exploit our trust (except that one time) and only once (maybe twice) flying off the handle for no good reason. Don't we - as a single unit - at least owe them that, in some kind of Hunger Games-esque way?

My recommendation is that all women wear a badge at all times with a rating out of ten on it. This rating should reflect each woman's capacity to provide a relationship free of complication or difficulty. Center your lives around this! Stop trying to do things that you want to do, because investing in goals or chasing things that are difficult will only break you forever. Heartbreak and unfulfillment are unacceptable while there are stilll GoodGuys who want to bone you! Breakups or abusive relationships cut your score in half. Complaints, difficult situations, points of stress, personal disagreements and emotional outbursts will lower this rating permanently - once you reach zero you should join the local nunnery or stealth bingo hall. Anything else would be Rediculous.

P.S. No uggos need apply.

P.P.S Or anyone who won't put out.

Some sarcasm intended. :P

Freya out! *drops mic on stage*

Link to post
Share on other sites


Aphrenity wrote:

I'm sorry I don't think you read this thread properly. It's about YOU women and the rediculous decisions you make and your need to scare away every decent humanbeing with them.

In RL I don't tolerate this kind of crap from women never have never will. In a game it's rather hard to avoid when some random woman just bust out with these broken heart stories like you're interested in hearing them. For every Boo Hoo profile that shouts I've had my heart broken in SL (and if you say you haven't seen that 9/10 times your a stone cold liar) there is a boo hoo story they can't wait to tell. Maybe you're one of them. Lets see how long your partnership last would you like me to place a bet on it? Unless its' your real life husband I doubt not as long as you'd think and you too will be boo hooing and anyong random people with your tears.

I am going to agree with you here. There are many women who act like this in sl, and yes, even the ones who are rp'ing their relationship, they don't even have to be the ones who want any rl out of it.

You see, you will get the verbal lashing from this forum. These women here (Aislin knew she was going out on a limb to at least show she knows of people like that, kudos to her) think they do not fit into that category or know anyone (and we all know they do have a few on their friendslist if not knowing the drama insecurity queen theough another). Not all women are this way but the percentage is high. I have had one relationship in sl and with the same woman, that does not mean her and I can't see these types from miles away. The ratio of women to men being like this with the women being higher because they are wired diferent. Too emotional 98% of all women are.

I am not going to bother reading the rest of this thread, it will just give me a headache with the 'perfect' women replying lol. Good luck in your thread here and know that many guys in sl are behind you. Just because you have ran into these types doesn't mean you attract them. I wonder if these forumites have ever had to mute an idiot?

There are a couple on here that try to switch around what you say. Hands you popcorn for the show.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Aphrenity wrote:

I'm sorry I don't think you read this thread properly. It's about YOU women and the rediculous decisions you make and your need to scare away every decent humanbeing with them.

WRONG!     It's not about me.   It's about YOUR bad decision making.   There's nothing in what you wrote that relates to me....so what the hell are you talking about?!

 


Aphrenity wrote:

 

In RL I don't tolerate this kind of crap from women never have never will.

Then why are you in SL?     It's because you're the yin to their yang.  All the scenario's you describe wouldn't happen unless you let them!

 


Aphrenity wrote:

Maybe you're one of them. Lets see how long your partnership last would you like me to place a bet on it? Unless its' your real life husband I doubt not as long as you'd think and you too will be boohooing andanyong random people with your tears.

HAHAHA!   Oh god...too funny!     You cast your own failings onto others, and don't take responsibility for your own poor decisions.  Gee kid, run along now....

Link to post
Share on other sites


Celestiall Nightfire wrote:


Aphrenity wrote:

I'm sorry I don't think you read this thread properly. It's about YOU women and the rediculous decisions you make and your need to scare away every decent humanbeing with them.

WRONG!     It's not about me.   It's about YOUR bad decision making.   There's nothing in what you wrote that relates to me....so what the hell are you talking about?!

 

Aphrenity wrote:

 

In RL I don't tolerate this kind of crap from women never have never will.

Then why are you in SL?     It's because you're the yin to their yang.  All the scenario's you describe wouldn't happen
unless
you let them
!

 

Aphrenity wrote:

Maybe you're one of them. Lets see how long your partnership last would you like me to place a bet on it? Unless its' your real life husband I doubt not as long as you'd think and you too will be boohooing andanyong random people with your tears.

HAHAHA!   Oh god...too funny!     You cast your own failings onto others, and don't take responsibility for your own poor decisions.  Gee kid, run along now....

Celestiall, It's not so much that the scenarios Aphrenity describes happen because he lets them. I think they happen because he catalyzes them. I've a friend who constantly complains about the poor service she gets at the local stores. These are the same stores at which I get excellent service, usually involving a "Hi, Maddy" somewhere along the way.

I don't get good service because I allow it, my friend doesn't get bad service because she allows it. In both cases, we get the kind of appreciation we give. If I give the young clerk at Ace Hardware, who just got his first car, my extra bottle of "Mothers Back-to-Black Tire shine" (my boarder and I crossed wires and each ordered many of the same products to restore his classic car this summer), I shouldn't be surprised if he returns the favor. And I laugh out loud when, after handing him the bottle, he says "Thanks Mom!".

Similarly, if I tell the young woman at the bakery that I don't like the way the oven leaves a waffle pattern on the bottom of my buns, and that a quality bakery wouldn't do such a thing, I'm unlikely to get a baker's dozen. But, if I stand next to my neighbor while she's delivering that rant, and observe that my patio chairs leave the same pattern on my own buns (while patting them), I get the delight of finding 13 in my bag when I get home.

If life's a game, play it to win-win.

;-).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok..first, take a couple of Xanax dude....
Can't reply to each and every point, but will attempt to give this a guy's point of view...

That's right I said it! They're completely pointless! and you know why? because people/women in this game have unrealistic expectations of what they expect out of these things. Go ahead start getting your keyboard ready to reply to that last sentence I don't care because it's the damn truth!

Keyboard at the ready, Captain:

 I play the good guy in this game right or should I say tried to play the good guy. You know what I get in return? I get defecated on by women.

You're making a huge generalization about (RL) women who play in SL. There are definitely women who feel that way; I know quite a few, but they're not all like that.

Seriously though, I'd be interested in knowing where you go to meet these people.

That’s right women don’t want the good guy they want the guy that brings in the drama. They want that guy that cheats on them, they want the guy they can’t turn their back on before he’s off flirting with another girl, they want that guy that’s a pervert, they want that guy that sneaks behind their backs on alts. That’s the guy that they want! You know how I know? Huh! Do you! You want to know how I know?

Ok..tell me already...Gosh, do you need more Xanax??

Because that’s the guy that every woman in this game has been dumped by. I can’t even log into SL without some woman pouring her heart out to me about how the last guy she was with left her to get into some BDSM kink or Gor or banging midgets in a kiddie pool hell I don’t know.

Again...where are you meeting these people?? Hmmmm..Gagged Gorean midgets in kiddie pools??? Wow! That's a new one on me.

All I know is that these women are still head over heels in love with these guys that broke their heart days, months, and years later and all to willing to blab about their failed relationship with the good guy just because he will tolerate to give two turds about their broken heart.

Some people do take this a bit more seriously than you would if it were "just a game". What a lot of people don't realize is that there is a person on the other side of that keyboard, who has feelings and emotions just me you and I, Tin Man. People can fall in "love" very easily when that person says the right words. Don't blame them for that.

You know what! I’m Done! I’m done! I AM DONE! Yah hear me dammot! I’m done.

I hear you...I hear you. Geez!!

 I’m done being the good guy in this game! Why you ask? Because it’s a waste of time. At the end of the day the good guy is the one that gets screwed over. He has to deal with picking up the pieces of some broken woman that’s still in love with the dude that left her on the side of the curb to get his jollies off. He has to deal with the emotional baggage, he has to deal with those old ex stories and how she doesn’t want to do this or that because her ex used to like this or that and it reminds her of him. You know what to hell with it! Who the hell logs in to deal with your post truamatic relationship disorder Huh? Who? You think I log in to hear you BS when I could be watching the game?

While I’m sitting there with the broken pieces of a woman old Mr.exBoyfriend is probably out there still banging away on his avatar and getting his virtual jollies off not giving a flying duck while I’m sitting there wasting my hours getting nothing but a conversation and a handshake listening to stories about what a POS this guy was and how this woman is still in love with him and how much her heart hurts still BOO HOO HOO! Cry me a freaking river!

So you meet this girl and all of a sudden she starts boo hooing about her ex? There are two options to this; First is the good guy approach (which you say that you are) "Look, I'm really sorry to hear about that, but I don't really have time for this right now. Maybe we can talk another time?" Second is the a**hole approach. "Uh....bye!" Either way, there's also a mute button, if you want to go that far. You can leave and mute her so you can ignore her. Problem solved....

I’m tired of playing Dr.Phil just because I want to find someone of the opposite sex (cause I ain’t in to the alternative let me make that clear since this is SL)

That's a bit closed minded. Some of my best women friends are men....:matte-motes-sunglasses-1: And besides (and just to freak you out more) how would you know? You could find this hot chick and she could really be a guy.... think about that.

To hell with putting RL emphasis on a game. You want a relationship go put on your nice dress and high heels and walk into in the club or bar or lounge or party or event where men are looking to meet women in reality. SL isn’t a dating service and SL isn’t a free therapy session for your problems. That means MR.Goodguy isn’t interested in hearing about your old exVirtual Boyfriend or the fun he left you to have because MR.Goodguy would rather be having that same fun with you. You know what I’m making me an alt and I’m starting this game over again. This time I ain’t being Mr. Good guy I’m being Mr. FunGuy and I don’t care about breaking your heart darling. This time I’m going to be the guy you cry to MR.Goodguy about. You made me darling… YOU MADE ME!

Ok, I've had some fun at your expense and I'm really honestly sorry about that. In complete seriousness, I might suggest looking for other places to meet people. Try joining a few groups inworld. Find something that sparks your interest. The way to find a relationship in SL is to not look for it. They show up in the oddest places and when you least expect it.  Some people come in here specifically looking for relationships and that doesn't always work. Friends with common interests may lead to something more.

Don't give up...and good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly he's whined way more then I have in my entire life in his thread. Yes there are women who complain but there are just as equal men. The reason you don't want to reply is because you took a steamy pile right on this thread and don't wanna clean it up. He is being rude. Just because he can't get a real relationship out of sl he blames women. It's not a dating site. Most People aren't wanting to date. He's bitter at best and a narcissistic at worst. As for woman crying on his shoulder. Really he's going to complain about that. How mean. I would hope if I felt close enough to my friend I would be able to talk to them about those things. How is he going to expect a relationship if he doesn't even know how to be a friend. He needs to take a step back and look at him self. He's never been the good guy since day one. He's always wanted to have a relationship and if that doesn't work b*tch about it. Clearly both of you men need to grow up. Don't speak for all women. No one here is claiming perfect. But at least no one here is blaming others for the blantent mistakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have the right to point out, that you mean some women's behaviour is inexpedient, in a hope to maybe change their way to act - to make them look at themselves for a moment or two ....just as when some women here (included me) would like to change the fact that some men still look like newbies after several months/years here...and how hard it is for us to understand, that those men do not know yet, why we all not just without any further consider them as God's gift to all females, and jump into their beds immediately....

I do not think that you in fact mean all women - but only mean all (or most) of the women YOU meet.

I do also believe, that you know that you cannot change those women, and you therefore have to change yourself....You just needed to get your frustration out....It looks to me, as if you just have realized that you clearly send out some signals, which - in your opinion - attracts the wrong kind of women.

- And that is a good start - Because everybody knows, that one cannot change other people very much, but one can change one's own way to deal with various situations and learn how to set the limits of, how one want to spend one's time, and who one want to spend one's time with.

Sometimes it just helps to yell annoying experiences out - instead of pulling out one's hair ...I think it is okay. Some might have learned one or two things after such a discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know these are the exact type of responses I expected from these forums a bunch of deflections and denial from a bunch of women saying "Oh no it's not me I don't act like that!" When IT IS YOU!

Typical really typical it's like you people want to pretend that you don't even play SL. I'm sorry I must be on the WoWforums. Oh wait it's not like I can't click the back arrow and see thread after thread after thread from year after year after year of post by women complaining EVEN ON THE FORUMS about the same things I described here.

Tell me ladies how is the view from your rose tinted glasses huh? or your rose tinted computer screen? Do you even play SL? Women are ALWAYS in denial about what they do. They criticize everything but themselves when THEY are the problem. Some of you think for some reason I'm talking about relationships I've been in which makes me laugh. It's more like women I know and meet in this game. You women and your broken hearts are everywhere in SL. You come here saying you're looking to hang out and have fun but you're just looking to get into some dramatic relationship. You enjoy being treated like trash so stop lying and crying about it.

What I want you women to do is stop pretending like you don't enjoy being hurt. It gives you something to do and something to talk about with your friends. You like the dude that brings you drama that's why you're in love with him. As soon as Mr.Goodguy comes along offering you some romance and a stable relationship you scare him away. You women are screwed up in the head. Alright you're screwed up!

You come into a game trying to put real life emphasis on a relationship. You wear your hearts on your blouse and get your emotions all tangled up in some relationship you know is doomed to fail because it's not real and then when it fails (because the guy dumped you to go screw someone else) here you come boo hooing to Mr.Goodguy. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR SHEET! Stop comming up to me in the club, when I'm standing idle, when I'm sitting on a bench, when I'm walking my dog, when I'm eating an ice cream sandwich, when I'm on my motorcycle etc. etc. Stop bothering me with your problems dammot! I DON'T CARE!

You women don't deserve a good SL man!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh give me a break Sephina you're so delusional. Maybe you should read what you write more often. Like you didn't cry about your broken heart when your SL BF faked being injured just so he could get away from you. You see this is what I call a perfect example of someone saying "It's not me" WHEN IT IS YOU! You're one of em'

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Tex you're being a Mangina please find the balls some woman ripped from you before replying to my post. All you do is white knight everything women say here and make excuses for their messed up behavior. You need a testosterone booster to replace all the estrogen you've built up over the years from kissing womens toes. I don't expect you to do anything other than defend women that don't even see you as a man.Now, I'm not saying your a bad guy I'm just saying you're trying to tackle another man for pointing out the truth. Don't knock a fellow man for ever telling the truth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...