Relationships in a game are pointless!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's right I said it! They're completely pointless! and you know why? because people/women in this game have unrealistic expectations of what they expect out of these things. Go ahead start getting your keyboard ready to reply to that last sentence I don't care because it's the damn truth! I play the good guy in this game right or should I say tried to play the good guy. You know what I get in return? I get defecated on by women.

That’s right women don’t want the good guy they want the guy that brings in the drama. They want that guy that cheats on them, they want the guy they can’t turn their back on before he’s off flirting with another girl, they want that guy that’s a pervert, they want that guy that sneaks behind their backs on alts. That’s the guy that they want! You know how I know? Huh! Do you! You want to know how I know? Because that’s the guy that every woman in this game has been dumped by. I can’t even log into SL without some woman pouring her heart out to me about how the last guy she was with left her to get into some BDSM kink or Gor or banging midgets in a kiddie pool hell I don’t know. All I know is that these women are still head over heels in love with these guys that broke their heart days, months, and years later and all to willing to blab about their failed relationship with the good guy just because he will tolerate to give two turds about their broken heart. You know what! I’m Done! I’m done! I AM DONE! Yah hear me dammot! I’m done.

I’m done being the good guy in this game! Why you ask? Because it’s a waste of time. At the end of the day the good guy is the one that gets screwed over. He has to deal with picking up the pieces of some broken woman that’s still in love with the dude that left her on the side of the curb to get his jollies off. He has to deal with the emotional baggage, he has to deal with those old ex stories and how she doesn’t want to do this or that because her ex used to like this or that and it reminds her of him. You know what to hell with it! Who the hell logs in to deal with your post truamatic relationship disorder Huh? Who? You think I log in to hear you BS when I could be watching the game?

While I’m sitting there with the broken pieces of a woman old Mr.exBoyfriend is probably out there still banging away on his avatar and getting his virtual jollies off not giving a flying duck while I’m sitting there wasting my hours getting nothing but a conversation and a handshake listening to stories about what a POS this guy was and how this woman is still in love with him and how much her heart hurts still BOO HOO HOO! Cry me a freaking river! I’m tired of playing Dr.Phil just because I want to find someone of the opposite sex (cause I ain’t in to the alternative let me make that clear since this is SL) to have a fun in game relationship with. Women in this game (the actual ones) are trip. A real flippin trip. I would think otherwise if it had not been that I hear these stories from 9/10 women I run into in this game and that one 1/10 that’s a lesbian.

Let me tell yah I get it I really do get it alright. I get that some of these women are bored house wives looking for the love their husband doesn’t even feel like giving them or ugly grown ducklings in reality that can only look good and get attention in a game or have overly emotional and annoying personalities that send RL men running after the first date. I get it! I really do I GET IT! That doesn’t mean that when I come into the game I want to deal with your relationship fantasy you can’t get in the real world so you want it here. These women have some REDICULOUS and I mean RE-DIC-U-LOUS! Expectations in a relationship. They act like this is the real world and your going to start a family out of this crap and grow old together. Instead of just logging in to this game until you’re bored of it and IMing her “That’s a wrap”. when you've had enough.

Alright I mean first off you get these married women that want to be in a relationship but want to set rules like “I’m married in RL so I don’t want to have sex  or be intimate with you but I want you to be my virtual husband” WTF? Why are you even here looking for a relationship? You should be RPing as a Nun in a convent or off playing virtual Bingo where no man can lay eyes on you. What desperate blueballed man is going to say yes to that nonsense? Just so he can be your emotional dildo for when your RL husband is tired of putting up with you? And these women wonder why they get cheated on.

Example 2. “The Smootherer” The woman who has better luck in virtual reality than in actual reality with men because she’s well not that attractive (it’s the damn truth!) so here she comes on SL with an avatar that looks the opposite of her and here come the men and the attention. It’s such a new world to her and she’s all too eager to get a boyfriend. So the first sad sucker she tricks into taking on the role will find himself not being able to spend 10 seconds without “What are you doing?”, “Come meet me”, “Where are you?”, “Why aren’t you replying!”, “I’m logging your making me upset”,”If you really cared about me you’d reply more”,”Who are you with”.”are you cheating on me”, “I’m crying now!” all before the last pixel on his avatar even gets to load on the screen after signing in. These types of women are like emotional land minds just waiting to blow up unexpectedly on some poor guy looking to give love in this game a chance. All those years of being deprived a real relationship just goes into overload and they can’t handle it.

Example 3. The “I want a real life relationship in a game” people. Yes, these selfish loonies errr I mean people that expect you to treat virtual reality like reality. These women expect you to be with them whenever you log in. They expect you not to even talk to other women, they hate all your female friends (if they haven’t forced you to stop seeing them), They want you to take them on 30 dates before they even decide to hold your hand, They get jealous about your real life if your dating or even talking to real world women (you know the only place that matters), they don’t want you doing anything that takes your attention from thinking about their pixels. They want you on Skype,voice,e-mail, telegram, a pigeon with a note tied to them etc. etc. Whatever they can do to make contact with you they will try to force a relationship out of you. They didn’t come to SL to play a game they came to make someone their prisoner by removing not only your SL freedom but your RL freedom if you’re dumb enough to let them. These are the same women that wonder why the guy they devoted all their time too ran away from SL for months, left and never came back (or so she thinks) or went and made an alt behind their back. IT WAS TO GET AWAY FROM YOU!

You know.. there’s plenty more examples of how screwed up women are in these game and I could truly go on forever but I just wanted to make my point. The guy that’s out there screwing, cheating, slanging and banging women is the guy that has it right. That’s the guy who’s having fun simply doing what he does and not giving 2 turds about it. That’s the guy that logs into SL with a smile on his face ready to drop one girl that gives him drama to pick up another one on his list that wont. That’s’ the guy that figured it out. He WAS probably once the good guy. The “I just want a decent relationship” guy but you women ruined him. Your relationship delusions and emotional blabbing destroyed him. You made him what he his. You women turned him into that guy just like you’re doing me right now.

To hell with putting RL emphasis on a game. You want a relationship go put on your nice dress and high heels and walk into in the club or bar or lounge or party or event where men are looking to meet women in reality. SL isn’t a dating service and SL isn’t a free therapy session for your problems. That means MR.Goodguy isn’t interested in hearing about your old exVirtual Boyfriend or the fun he left you to have because MR.Goodguy would rather be having that same fun with you. You know what I’m making me an alt and I’m starting this game over again. This time I ain’t being Mr. Good guy I’m being Mr. FunGuy and I don’t care about breaking your heart darling. This time I’m going to be the guy you cry to MR.Goodguy about. You made me darling… YOU MADE ME!

------------------------------------------------------

You know... I'm just going to add this on right here.

The funniest part about all this is that here I am making a general post not aimed at anyone other than those who it applies too and here I get all these hateful post towards me trying bash me and this and that like I personally offended some of you.

Do you know why that is? Because I'm telling the truth and there's nothing that people hate more than the truth. They read my innoccent little thread and they see themselves in it. The go immediately into defense mode like "Look! We gotta stop this guy! This is too much! He can't be doing this!" You know what the truth hurts and this is the truth so deal with it! If you see yourself in my post than maybe you have more issues than you think.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww!

I liked especially the part where the ironic has its strongest moments...yes, right at the moment when you call it a game and act all snotty and downlooking, only to continue to roll on the floor and throw a tantrum because somehow that "game" hurt your ego in a very real way.

And of course, its everyone else, not you.

Okay, I'm getting ready to step into dangerous territory here:matte-motes-agape:. I am about to lose girlie points. The sad truth is there ARE a lot of women like that in SL. I have, (make that HAD) friends who suddenly could no longer do the fun, girlie things....EVER, because they suddenly had a man and couldn't possibly breathe if she wasn't on the same sim as him at all times! Now, don't get me wrong, I do know for a fact that there are also a lot of women in SL that AREN'T like that! (me, for one). Have I had crappy SL relationships in the past? Yep, sure have! Do I hold that against every man (or woman..hehehe) I meet, or feel the need to regale them with the tales of woe? Nope. In fact, in SL, just as in RL, I think time apart is absolutely crucial!  I think the women need "girls nights out" and the guys need "bro time" lol! I've personally found much peace in just letting it go, not panicking about where "he" is or what he's doing!  I don't believe that all the douche bag guys out there were made that way, though. Some truly are born, hardwired (so to speak) to be the glorious arse hats they are! Anyway...SL IS like RL in that there are all sorts of people, with all sorts of personalities, so don't give up. Weed through the broken, until you find the one who doesn't need fixing! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

This statement "Instead of just logging in to this game until you’re bored of it and IMing her “That’s a wrap”. when you've had enough" tells me a lot about you.  You are not the good guy you paint yourself to be, but a game player. 

To you SL is a game, but to many it is not.  There is nothing wrong with either way of looking at SL except when the two types get together as a couple.  It always fails.  That's been your problem.  You get involved with woman that don't think of SL as a game and bring RL emotions to the table.

Since SL is just a game to you, I suggest you fine a woman that feels the same and just wants to Role Play your gf.  Be sure to be upfront with this.  Tell them no RL emotions will be involved and they have to behave according to your expectations and you will act the way they want you too.   But don't get mad if one day they email you and tell you "it's a wrap" because you bore them.

Oh trust me Syo I'm not hurt because I have no reason to be. SL is a game and I'm more like bored and tired of hearing you women complaining about your broken hearts. I'd like to log on and enjoy the game for once. If you think this is just one guy thinking like this you're dead wrong. If you think this is a tantrum you're also dead wrong. This is how most guys who are fed up with the crap you women do in this game treating it like an emotional playground feel.

I don't expect any woman to ever own up to anything that they do. They don't in real life why would they in this game. When have you ever seen a woman admit that she is the problem unless it's to get more pitty and attention for herself somehow? She screws up and it's the man's fault the relationship ended. I'll tell you what darling, there's a reason for everything.

I get that you read this and went into deflection mode to defend your own actions in the game. I guess that you read my post and saw yourself in it. The one thing women hate to hear is the truth about themselves. Well here it is raw and uncut baby.

I'm sorry I don't think you read this thread properly. It's about YOU women and the rediculous decisions you make and your need to scare away every decent humanbeing with them.

In RL I don't tolerate this kind of crap from women never have never will. In a game it's rather hard to avoid when some random woman just bust out with these broken heart stories like you're interested in hearing them. For every Boo Hoo profile that shouts I've had my heart broken in SL (and if you say you haven't seen that 9/10 times your a stone cold liar) there is a boo hoo story they can't wait to tell. Maybe you're one of them. Lets see how long your partnership last would you like me to place a bet on it? Unless its' your real life husband I doubt not as long as you'd think and you too will be boo hooing and anyong random people with your tears.

Good lord, I can't even read all of it, I skimmed though and I think I got the gist of it.. you're mad cause you've pretended to be these women's friend, pretended to listen and loaned a pixel shoulder you had absolutely no real heart behind, and are tired of playing that game because it wasn't real to you and wasn't fun anymore. AmIright?

For me, your rant didn't do anything except make you out to be a relationship scavenger, one of those shisty guys hanging around girls and pretending to be their friend, all the while just hoping to be a rebound. 

Let me introduce myself as on of the 1/10 non lesbian girls in a great relationship, the kind without cheating or clinging or drama. Want to know the secret? I have a man who is secure, trustworthy, friendly and helpful to everyone. Makes me feel secure and wanted without feeling smothered, and loves me for real, I'm not a game for him to play when he's bored.  I am a firm believer that you get out of anything only what you're willing to put into it. So if you're coming here wanting a game, prepare to be played. 

That's not what that statement means darling. It means that there's no longevity in a video game relationship. You play a game till you get bored of it and finally tell your friends or whoever you're with that "I'm bored I want to try something else". Then you go find a new game to enjoy that holds your interests.

That doesn't tell you the kind of guy I am that tells you that I'm an actual humanbeing. People get bored of doing the same thing over and over again and they move on. Thats' why more than one movie exists, more than one song exists, more than one flavor of ice cream, more than one flavor of cereal, more than kind of liquor, more than one job, heck even more than one girlfriend or boyfriend or more than one marriage. At some point people get bored of doing the same thing. An SL relationship isn't a real investment because it's just part of a game. That's why there's so many of you women walking around with broken hearts and so few men because you women try to treat this game like it's reality and IT IS NOT!

Well since you didn't read the thread why are you commenting in it? You obviously just want me to read your opinion which I'm not interested. Or where you one of those people that studied for a test 10 minutes beforehand in school and then turned around and acted surprised when you failed?

If you don't read the material you don't know what your talking about. Stop wasting my time with your comment.

Thank you for explaining ''that's a wrap'', it does sound way less douchie this way lol. Buut, SL relationships do have vested interest, unless it is completely a game to you. People spend hours and days and weeks and months and years together here, getting to know each other, lots of times telling each other intimate things about themselves that the people they know in the real world don't even know about them. I have several friends who have moved their relationships out of sl and into rl. One of my dear friends recently moved from England to the US and married his sl girlfriend of several years. It happens, and not uncommonly. 

I'm sorry what? What are you talking about? There goes you not paying attention to the details and getting an "F" again. I don't recall saying I talked to people with broken heart profiles. I'm quite sure I mentioned it as an observation of all the people in this game with broken heart profiles which there are a lot of. Probably yourself included.

Actually, I was one of those people who skimmed the material ten minutes before school started to get the idea of what it was about, and aced the tests. :) 

"For every Boo Hoo profile that shouts I've had my heart broken in SL (and if you say you haven't seen that 9/10 times your a stone cold liar) there is a boo hoo story they can't wait to tell. "     < It was implied, how else could you know they were bursting to tell their sob story? 

For some, this is a second life for them then can't understand when they make the same mistakes.

For me, SL is a social platform and a place I can roleplay. That's what SL is...it's roleplaying. Many forget this then get bent out of shape when the person the are with doesn't act like it's RL. I've seen just as many men pull the same thing...my girlfriend cheated on my...I know cause it was my alt...rolls her eyes.

Approach SL like roleplay, not RL, not a game. SL isn't a game in the traditional sense. You have no goals to achieve, no endpoint. To think otherwise is setting yourself up.

As for the BDSM crack...SL is a place where people can explore things they'd never do in RL because they are anonomous in SL. They don't have to worry about what the neighbor thinks or worry if their boss is going to find out. For many, SL is a fantasy world where you can be and do whatever you can imagine.

To expect people to behave in SL like the do in RL is absurd. My avi does look like a younger, fitter me. I'm disabled in RL and SL allows me the fantasy of wearing clothes I could never wear in RL..the chance to wear wild hairstyles, shaved on one side one day, to my knees the next. If you don't like the women you've found so far, look somewhere else. Look into things you enjoy in RL.

Don't rant because you've found the needy women that want someone to cling to. Keep looking until you find what you are looking for.

You know there are a ton of guys in sl who act the same way? Seriously, there are. In fact, most of them have boo hoo stories similar to your rant, actually, lol. Men who say "oh she broke my heart, because I was a good guy", and other such things. Men are no less guilty of acting like, well, little bitches, because...they're human too, and humans are generally speaking, all flawed in some form or another.

Sl, much like rl, is chock full of all kinds of people. From those you described, to the exact opposite, and everything in between as well. The population may not be as vast as the world, of course, but it is pretty vast.

I think the real problem here, or rather, *A* real problem, is that many of the kinda of person you might be looking for, are likely already taken by someone else. Or, perhaps she has no interest in a relationship at all. So those women you're seeking out(and I don't mean the ones you dislike so greatly...with which I will agree..they're dreadful) are going to be few and far between. The reasons why few of them seem to exist within the confines of sl is probably pretty varied though and I wouldn't limit it to the two examples I gave in this paragraph.

I agree entirely with you that *people who act like this, are generally doing themselves, let alone anyone else absolutely no favors. Complaining about past bf/gf woes with a perfect stranger is a bad idea. I have a good friend in sl that I also know in rl, who seems to be having a very difficult time grasping this concept. She connects with men who pretend to be her friends, she gets close, and when they get bored...she gets hurt. It's a daunting task trying to help her out of a hole when this happens...but I do it, because, well, generally speaking, she's a good person. She's not quite one of those people you described, as she doesn't pour her heart out to guys, or have a sob story in her profile, nor does she ever get too clingy(she in fact, hates it)...Yet she keeps finding loser men. Why? I know the reason, and she does too, but she won't listen. The reason is because she, and those she chooses to get close to, do not have the same ideals. Just as was already said and has been said countles times..when two people with different ideals mingle..it is not likely to end well. 

You may not see men who act like this as often as the women do, because you're a guy, and not seeking out other guys, but trust me, they are out there, lol. I am perfectly happy with my hubby and have been for 6 years in sl and rl now..so I am most definitely not someone who would ever go looking for another. But I'll be damned if there aren't men who think I will sit and listen all because we had a conversation. Don't think women hold a candle to whiney men...they don't..lol. I can't expect you to see it though, much in the same way that some women won't understand your perspective..Different strokes, and all that.

Chin up, other women exist, it's just a much more difficult challenge trying to find them, lol(if you want to I mean). Otherwise..just enjoy sl. Hell even put somethign in your profile about not having a problem chatting, but not wanting to listen to old relationship BS. Tell the women you meet, and/or decide to have some type of relationship with from the word go that if past relationships are going to have an impact on yours...you don't want one. Don't be friends with women who whine, rant, and act like children, or those who act like youre only good use is either a sounding board or a decent sex toy when they're bored....Not really sure what other advice one could give, really.

Archived