Second hand sales

Carmela Diavolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

As many of you, I have a big inventory that I often sort and rearrange, especially clothes.

I have seen there is a way to sell used items on MarketPlace. What features should these items have (copy, mod, trans) and under what condicitons am I allowed to sell them (purchased regulalrly, purchased with gift cards, group gifts, MM, LC, freebies etc.)?

TYVM

Carmela Diavolo

3 answers to this question

Essentially, you allowed to sell anything as long as it has transfer permissions and the original seller didn't expressly state that you could not sell the item on. Such items will likely be transfer \ no copy and will be sold as a limited quantity item. Once it sells the item will no longer be available.

However, you cannot sell full permission items (such as builder's sculpts and textures etc) that you purchased under licence as full perms. It is also pretty unethical to sell on freebies that are freely available.

Essentially, what the 'Used Items' category on the marketplace is for is selling on single items that you no longer need or want, much like selling on at a flea market or second hand store. As long as you do that and don't sell things that are full perms you should be fine

Suella Ember wrote:

However, you cannot sell full permission items (such as builder's sculpts and textures etc) that you purchased under licence as full perms.

As long as you do that and don't sell things that are full perms you should be fine

As long as those full perm items didn't come with a license that forbids re-selling, this shouldn't be a problem. Note that this also applies if they weren't accompanied by a license at all. Then only the restrictions imposed by the SL permission system apply, i.e. for full-perm items no restrictions at all (for inworld use. You are not allowed to export items you didn't create yourself.)

If the items did come with a license, read it carefully. I could for example imagine licenses that allow selling or transfer only if you keep no copies of your own, although the item is copyable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.