Turned into a black rabbit

Kapua Proost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello, im sry if its in a wrong section, yesterday i was visiting moscow and after a while i noticed that my avatar was turned into a black rabbit, i didnt agree with any request to animate me neither did i accept any inventory offers or anything, just standing there for like 15 mins listening to ppl talkin russian (love the language:) in the inventory nothing was "worn", my huds dissapiered etc., teleporting out and reloging didnt fix my avatar, replacing the saved outfits in the apperances did the trick after all
so im wondering if i should report it as hacking or is it a bug (havent played for years and never heard about anything like it) and if i should change the password, scan for viruses etc.

trying to attach the picture, hope it works out

http://i.imgur.com/RC3Oh9O.jpg

It's not a hacking or a bug, you clicked a link in chat, IM or a profile.

This particular link is going around quite heavily at the moment because everybody's a copycat. Or copyrabbit?

Your SL viewer then translates that link as "wear the Library Outfit named Rabbit" - a free avatar that all Second Life users have access to in their Inventory Library. So you end up looking like a rabbit, without knowing you'd clicked to do so.

As you've said, changing your outfit resolves the issue. No need to change your password (though you can if you like, never hurts!)

I agree that it's an oversight on LL's part not to have a permission setting for avatar changing behaviour through the viewer.

Unfortunately the reasoning behind that is functional:-

Permissions only work from script > account, not viewer > account. Viewer's supposed to always be authorative, always acting on your (the user's) behalf.

In this instance, deliberate clouding of the intent of the link (coupled with the fact that few users know this functionality exists) means that the viewers authority is misleading in this instance. I guess that's why it's considered a 'good' practical joke to play on others - it looks like something has exceeded its permission.

Unfortunately we're stuck without any power to change this behaviour, so some of us just resort to snark and victim blaming. :)

P.S. Not a game!

I know someone who has that in their profile picks labeled as real life pics. Now, mind you, I've been around for over 7 years, and know better normally. He told me "Hey, I posted some new pics of me", so I foolishly clicked away without actually reading the link... suddenly "POOF" I was a rabbit! I actually got a really good laugh out of it, because it was my own stupidity...lol! I guarantee, a lesson was learned. I don't care how well I know someone, I'll pay attention to what I'm clicking from now on!

Links can be used for all sorts of things. I'm glad this one was a harmless prank! I generally don't click ANY links in my viewer unless I'm pretty darn sure it's an official LL page I'm clicking to, and I never enter my password on the resulting page. They get a lot worse than turning someone into a rabbit. Chalk this one up to a learning experience!

I had my mused breast for maybe a year..maybe a little less time but I havent had any luck being able to use the product. I find the directions difficult. The resize button hasnt worked.  The breast dont increase or decrease. Recently,  I have had some sucess in using the demo to increase my bust size but i cant find the demo anymore and I was going around with a Demo sign on me. The demo breasts seemed like attachments versus looking narural like other breasts that I have seen. I hope I can catch you online and hopefully you wouldnt mind helping me with using my product.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.