Why am I unable to edit my friends' objects in the neighboring region?

Yasyn Azemus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

EDIT: I have done a clean install prior to asking this, but unfortunately things did not change. :(  Also, my friend who is the SIM owner of both areas is experiencing the same problem as I am (she can't edit my prims in the SIM she didn't teleport into first). I suppose I'll have to put a ticket of some sort in. Earlier we had requested to have both SIMs to be on the same server (cause you know how sometimes when you change/cross between regions, you get a little pop up that says that you've not entered a SIM that is running on a different one than the one you were just previously in). We thought that may have been contributing to the issue, but that hasn't changed it either.
Also, which region settings should I look out for that may be correct or not? I have estate rights, too. I'll take a look see if anything looks... amiss. I'll try to create the same situation in a completely different region to test, too.

Recently, my friend has joined [EDIT: Oops, what I mean is that the two SIMs are now placed side by side so you can walk/fly between the them] two of her regions together. Our area is now 2 SIMs wide. I have edit rights to her objects as well as several others. Before joining, if I teleported between the two regions, I had no problem with being able to edit the objects of those who had given me rights. Now, with the regions joined (and it's been about 5 days now), depending on which region I've teleported into first, I will only be able to edit the objects in the region I showed up in first. When I walk into the neighboring region, I cannot edit any objects that are not mine. I still am only limited to being allowed to edit the objects that are in the region I originally showed up in first, even when I am not standing in the same SIM as them.

I am able to edit any object that is mine in both regions, but when it comes to my friends' objects, I am only able to edit them in the region in which I showed up in first for that logged in session. Even when I teleport out to a completely different SIM that is not connected and teleport back into either one of the two, I am still limited to editing only the objects that are in the first region I had set foot in first for that logged in period. The only solution right now is that I must log out, and log back into the region that has the objects I need to edit. Then I log out and in again into the other region if I have to move or edit objects there. 

I have checked many times if it is my "Edit my Objects Only" is ticked, but it is not at all. I'm not sure if the SIM moving locations is still taking time to complete 100%? It's been about 5 days since the move. I am not sure what the problem is because when I had neighboring regions before, I was able to edit the objects from the next SIM over, I didn't have to be in the same SIM in order to have those position crosshairs come up or edit colors and textures for MOD items that were my friends I had rights to.

If this is just how things are, then please let me know, or if it's just going to take more time and perhaps I've just been hasty. Either way, I am a bit puzzled! Thank you for reading and your help.

Yasyn

1 answer to this question

That IS a puzzler!  When I read the title of your post I thought I had an easy answer for you, but you've given great information and you seem to be doing everything right, but still having this weird problem.

You should first ask the estate owner to very carefully check the settings on both regions.  If those appear to be correct, then she should try restarting the regions. 

You might also try a clean reinstall of your viewer.

If the problem is still present, you should perform the following checks to try to determine if the problem is the regions, or you yourself.

1. Is the object editng problem experienced by the region owner as well?
  2. Is the problem experienced by a third person, not yourself or the region owner, who has been given the appropriate editing permissions? 
  3.  (EDIT TO ADD) You and your friend might also try going to a place where there are two adjacent regions and you both have rezzing rights.  See if the problem occurs on those regions as well.  One such location is the entrance to the Caledon Oxbridge University Sandbox skybox...there's a region crossing just there.

Once you have that information, dump the problem in a support case to LL.

By the way, you cannot "join" regions.  You can locate them so they are adjacent to one another, but they do not share prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.