About logging in SL

Casiana Gant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I am trying for few days to log in SL but i can't. I wait long for the program to load then it blocks itself when it starts loading my clothing. I know i have many items, about 15 000 i guess. That might be the problem? I would like to delete some (at least the trash), but can't login. I tried to login with another acount and it works just fine. What should i do?

12 answers to this question

I had the 'stuck on Terms of Service' issue. I was using Imprudence so I installed SL's 1.23 viewer and it gave me the checkbox and OK button - not just the cancel one like Imprudence did. I don't know which SL viewer you used but if you tried Viewer 2 you might want to give 1.23 a try. It's on SL's downloads page.

I didn't have the problem with the terms. I clicked ok and continued loading. The problem is that is stops loading at the end. Sometimes says loading clothes or another time loading world. Stays like this for 1 min then it says i've been logged off Second Life and i must close the window. I already cleaned the cache manualy, without entering the game (because i really can't enter at all!).

Since you have manually cleared cache, try giving it a different region for the log in -- try Corra as it is just a water sim, so no activity going on.  To log in to a specific region, type the name in the box that usually says "my home" or "last location" for logging in.  If you do not have that box, Edit Preferences and on the General tab check the box that says something about listing that option up near the top.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.