Two people on one marketplace store?

VidaPaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friend and I want to do a store together. We're working on items for an inworld store but we want to put them on marketplace. My question is, will only one of use be able to do so or is there an option on MP to allow two sellers/merchants? If so please let me know. We're very frustrated at the moment and seemingly we will only be able to sell inworld if this isn't possible. 

Thanks in advance.

Ahh, I see. 
Well if we have to do one person, then we will and split the amount by percent. I take it there is an option when creating the store. I've created stores alone before but this is the first group endevour I've tried so I am not so sure about how to go about that. 
Thanks so much for your response, Pamela. Much appreciated!

There is another thing that you can do which may help depending on how you build.

For my partner and I, we wanted to maintain control of our own products, in fact, it's quite likely that if only one of you maintains the store, one of you will be uploading and thus one of you will probably have a full perm version of the item from the other.  If you use 3rd party content, animations, textures, scripts etc. passing full perm item to your partner will likely breach any terms of use of that content.

What we have done is for my partner to have an update server (several of these types exist).  I then list a dummy version of the product which contains an out of date version script and I do the listing product split.

When the customer purchases, they get what is essentially an empty rez box, which when rezzed, the script checks the version of the item, finds itself to be "out of date" and immediately requests the version from his update server.

This way, he totally owns the product and content, we don't have to faff about setting things to full perm and have the risk of incorrect onward permission changes by me.

It's not perfect, but it works and meets our needs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.