Need 'Advanced' help setting Graphics for my new PC.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this! This is for advanced users only. Some may have no idea how to help but any info is nice.

First I'll post my computer specs:

Monitor Size:  1680 X 1050

Hewlett-Packard  Model:500-214 (System Type x64-based PC)

Windows 8.1 with a AMD Radeon HD 8570D  Graphic Chipset. 

Processor AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 

Second Life Viewer:   3.7.16.294015

I know there are issues with the graphic card I am using but until yesterday It was running as good as can be expected. 

If anyone could give me tips on some settings that I could possibly change through my graphic card control panel to make SL work better and in addition in the Offical Second Life Viewer, I would really be greatful. Perhaps any tips from the debug settings would help me also.  My main trouble is the font or text of everything in SL. After I messsed with my settings on my PC graphic card It changed only one program (Second Life) and the text is blurry.

Here are the main things I am unsure of what to set on.

Anti-alising Mode (currently on: UseApplication Settings)> Anti-Aliasing Samples (currently on: UseApplication Settings)> Filter (Currently on: Standard. -could be set to Edge-detect)  Anit-Aliasing Method (currently on: Multisampling -but could choose adaptive multisampling or Supersampling)> Anisotropic Flitering Mode: ( Currently on: Use application settings)> Anisotropic Filtering level (currently on: Use application settings)> Texture Filtering Quality (currently on Standard. Could be on High Quality or Performance.)> Surface Format Optimization (currently on: ON)> Open GL Triple Buffering (currently set to: ON)> Tessellation Mode and Maximum Tessellation Level (currently on: Use application settings)

Any tips would be helpful to 1st correct my blurry text in SL and 2nd any tips on what to set my settings inworld and on my PC to improve my graphic quality and speed inworld. 

If you want to contact me inworld I use voice if it is easier explained that way. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Elizabeth Ely  (inworld)

Elizabeth Ely wrote:

Any tips would be helpful to 1st correct my blurry text in SL and 2nd any tips on what to set my settings inworld and on my PC to improve my graphic quality and speed inworld.

One reason for blurry text in the viewer UI is that the anti-aliasing is set to something else than "Use Application Settings". But as you are using the application settings I have no clear idea what might be the issue.

What you might want to try is:

In the viewer "Preferences, Graphics, Hardware" disable the antialiasing. After that log off and relog back in. Then enable the antialising in the viewer (2x is enough).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.