Accidentally buried a prim

Ren Float

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As many people know, it's not possible to put a texture on the walls of the complimentary home that Premium users get. So, i was using a prim 0.01 thick as "panelling' over the original wall - so I could apply texture to it. Unfortunately, as i was adjusting it to pull it out of the wall, I lost focus on it! Now I can't figure out how to select it and pull it out from inside the wall. I tried CTRL-ALT-T, but it didn't seem to show up. The prim count suggests it exists (I keep track as I build - 117 total doesn't leave much room to waste).

I would try camming inside the wall, which usually works for me.   Since you've probably already given up on that option, then I would suggest derendering the wall .... you can render it again later.   (I'm not sure if the official sl viewer has that option, but both singularity and Firestorm do.)

Good luck!

Lvddawter wrote:

I do use Firestorm, but don't know it well. how do I go about re-rendering?

Right click the wall ....   A pie menu comes up, select "More > More > Derender > Temporary"

When you're ready for the wall to re-render, you can either relog, or teleport to another sim and come back again ... the wall will be where you first saw it.  :)

Lvddawter wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion about camming. I'll be more persistent with that. being as thin as it is, it won't be easy.

I do use Firestorm, but don't know it well. how do I go about re-rendering?

Derender is in the right click pie memory, I think you have to chose more.  Make sure you choose temporary.  After you TP out and back or relog the derenderred object will reappear.

But here is another trick:

select only.JPG

In the build menu check "select only my objects."  Open the edit window.  (you could do thi sby choosing to edit any object.  Left click on the wall and while holding the click drag (draw) a rectangle accros the wall.  Usually when you release the click you will find your object selected.

See also:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Finding_lost_objects#Draw_a_selection_rectangle

ETA: The video on that page shows Torley using the "draw rectangle" method and other tips.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.