I see myself dressed others see me naked :(

Helen Brucato

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It happens last time to me, used to everyth was ok. well others cannt see my clother layers and see me as naked. plz help how i can fix it, I tried detach - take off all clothers,  clear cashes, reinstal viewer(Phoenix, Imprudence same problem in both) and even windows but still the same

my pc info: Intel Celeron CPU 3.06Ghz, 1.0GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 7300GT, WinXP SP2

well old pc but i havent had this problem before

5 answers to this question

Hi Helen,

Sorry to hear about your problem.This bug affects me from time to time as well, and i have spent many hours experimenting to find a fix for it.

Here is what always works for me.

1.Login to a quiet sim such as Itress or Jublad.

2.Open the advanced menu by pressing crtl+alt+D.

3.Select advanced>character>character test>test female(or male).

4.After a few minutes you can wear your skin, shape, clothes, ect,as you normally would.

5.After a few more minutes you will see a "blurring " of your avatar ,followed by a "sharpening" of the image. This is the sign that the textures loaded properly.

Another trick i use to avoid potential embarrasment is to use an alt account logged in at the same time and place to use as a "mirror"of sorts to be sure the textures have "baked" properly.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me inworld if you have any diffuculty with my instructions.

I am haveing the same issue also. I have even manuelly cleared my cache. Also using an alt to check and my alt is all gray. I have also reset the av and reattached everything. I see clothes, but alt screen I am naked. My screen the alt is gray, but alt screen she is dressed and in color. Any other ideas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.