new viewer

Donny Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

"Can I go back and forth from each viewer easily?"

If you want to remove a viewer you can do so through your computers add and remove... or the viewers uninstaller... installing one viewer will not remove or effect another in any way and yes you can alternate between viewers without a problem.  The only problem will be in logging chats, they'll be stored in different places depending on your viewer but you can change that in preferences.

(i have viewer2, viewer 1.23, pheonix and imprudence on my computer... all at the same time, all work fine)

old (preferred) viewer

If you mean viewer 1 it has been discontinued and will not work. If you mean a third party viewer then I would suggest you do not jump back and forth between viewers because of inventory/cache problem in doing so. Also Emerald has been banned as a viewer for SL. Do not use Emerald at all.

Donny Devin wrote:

It says downloading the new viewer wont remove my old (preferred) viewer fro

m my comp. Can I go back and forth from each viewer easily?

Hi, Donny, and welcome to the Second Life forums.

I have got installed on my PC Second Life viewer 1.23, Second Life Viewer 2 and Phoenix, and constantly go back and forth between each viewer very easily.  Sometimes I do find my avatar goes back to an earlier version of "me", in that I might be wearing clothes from a week or two previously, but this rarely happens and is the only problem I've found.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.