Block so group info doesn't show I'm online

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know you can prevent people from your friend's list from seeing you are online, but can you do the same to a group? Or once you turn visibility off on your friends list they won't see it when they look in group? Anyone can open group info to see if their status is onlne or not.

I need to block someone for a while. I don't want them to see in any form that I am online, whether through friends list, group list or their profile on the sl website. Is this possible? or once they are no longer visible on your friends list they can't see you anywhere else either?

Jaden Beaumont wrote:

I need to block someone for a while. I don't want them to see in any form that I am online, whether through friends list, group list or their profile on the sl website. Is this possible? or once they are no longer visible on your friends list they can't see you anywhere else either?

Whatever you do, there is still a way to find are you online or not by using a script.

Monti Messmer wrote:

No, simply because the nature of so called social platforms is to be available 24 hours.

When people start to hide themself they should think about leaving social platforms ;-)

Monti

Really now?  I shouldn't have to not go somewhere because some a-hole is going out of their way to make my life miserable.

Of course we don't know the details here of what is going on but as a carte blanche statement this really falls short.

Jaden Beaumont wrote:

I know you can prevent people from your friend's list from seeing you are online,

Nope. Everybody can see if you are online - everytime - if they are interested. You can not hide your online status in SL.

For your secret and conspirative adventures where you want to stay incognito or just not get caught you need to create an alt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.